Challenge Week #1 (Feb. 2 - Feb. 8, 2013)

Options
Welcome guys!!!

So it's week #1.

We've got people of all weights joining us. We can do this! If you need help or have questions put it in the discussion here or you can message me or anyone else who you think can help you! :)

The Challenge for all of us this week will be three part:
#1: Work out one more day than what you are now (example, if you work out 30 minutes a day/three time a week, add on an extra day - four days).
#2: Try to hit a minimum of 8 glass of water a day.
#3: Try one food that you otherwise wouldn't eat (example: I don't think I like pineapples but I'm going to try Tahiti Chicken this week which is made with chicken, lite soy sauce, and pineapples). (Let me know what you tried).

Message me on Saturday (2.9.13) with your week #1 weigh in and we'll figure out who our biggest loser is. Good luck, my LOSERS!!!

Replies

• Chickabittie
    Options
    Ha Ha! Who you callin' a loser, loser??!! ; )
  • CrazycatBritta
    CrazycatBritta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dude ... I WANT to be a loser. I want to be the Biggest loser that ever was! ;)

I'll admit it ... I want to be a loser ...

que Glee's "Loser Like Me" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIvleB5fF78
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Part of this will be a pretty easy challenge for me. I already exercise 7 days a week and drink at least 8 cups of water a day. The hard part will be trying a new food. I am an extremely picky eater. You wouldn't believe the foods I don't eat.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just went shopping and bought kelp noodles and shiritaki noodles for the first time. They both have no carbs and no calories but turn out like al dente pasta (they are flavorless but will pick up the taste of sauce), so I'm going to try to make a tofu noodle curry with them. Hope it works!

They are all natural--it's just kind of a miracle they don't have calories. =)
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I too already average about 150oz of water a day, but I am only working out 3 days a week, so I'm going to try to get to 4! Thanks for the motivation! We can do it!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Let's do this..looking forward to it :)

Ok
    So 8 glasses of water..
    3x 30 mins exercise.. I have been slacking lately
    And a new food...hmm will have to see what I can find I pretty much eat everything lol

Good luck
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    Challenge part #3- done!=) I just tried beets power juice, hmmm...tastes...strange,though it isn't THAT weird I expected it to be.:drinker:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ok so had breakfast with a friend this morning and she made me try banana bread..
    I hate bananas and still not a fan of banana bread but hey that's number 3 off the list
    So not the healthiest...because I'm a vegetarian I pretty much like every fruit and veg..
    Will try find something else this week...hmmmm

How is everyone getting on?x
  • CrazycatBritta
    Options
    I tried mashed cauliflower today ... yeah ... I don't know if it will ever "replace" mashed potatos for me but it was "ok" ... and I actually got to spin class tonight! I'm very proud of myself!
  • gabrielmartinez90
    Options
    Well considering I haven't worked out in a while.. +1 of the list, haha. So far this week i worked out about an hour a day, and been trying to walk 2.5 miles (4 km) per day, progress to running by doing intervals. Food-wise I ate some whey protein (240cals).. Not exactly sure if that is considered a food, but it is delicious, the cookies and cream. Proteins and tastiness all in one. Especially with Almond Breeze (180cals for 2 cups), it's like a smoothie (for only 420cals)! I'm going to put some strawberries in it, and I can only imagine the goodness that will ensue. I Got my water, actually I've been drinking a gallon of it. For some reason, luke-warm water is my favorite.. weird?

So in conclusion.
    - Exercise ✓.
    - Different food ✓.
    - Water ✓. (for now..)
  • River__Song
    Options
    2/2= 45 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
    2/3= 45 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
    2/4= 50 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
  • River__Song
    Options
    2/5= 30 minutes exercise -- 9 cups of water -- new food was okra..................yucky!
  • CrazycatBritta
    Options
    Okra?!?!? ECH!! I give you credit ... I would die!!
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    Workout ✓*I worked out 4 days for 30 minutes this week.
    Water - =(
    New food ✓
  • River__Song
    Options
    2/5= 30 minutes exercise -- 9 cups of water -- new food was okra..................yucky!
    2/6 = 52 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
    2/7 = 40 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
    2/8 = 58 minutes exercise -- 8 cups of water
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Looks like everyone killed it this week! Congrats!

I, myself didn't do too well. My work schedule was thrown off, which threw everything off for me. Here's to a better week, and again, congrats to those who did so well!!!!