Hello!

Options
DaniH826
DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
You guys are awesome! I'm falling in love with the idea of powerlifting and finally getting strong. Currently working on a doable plan to convert dreams and wishes to achievable goals and put them into action. Also looking for some sistergirls who are on that road and don't mind me joining in. :smile:

I just got done reading the SL5x5 e-book, and next on my list is Starting Strength. I'm nosing around for a used olympic set I can put in the garage. Joining a local gym is an option but I think I want my own so hubbs can use it too (hoping he's going to remember his fitness days of yore and get back into it).

I'm using kettlebells atm which I love and am hoping to *somehow* incorporate into power lifting. IDK 100% which lifting plan I'm going to follow. I'm also a yoga fan and will definitely continue with that, and maybe just walking on my rest days (which I enjoy also). Why do anything you don't like, right?

I'm looking for a pre-lift plan that lets me do the moves without weights and focus on form and getting my wobbly bits stronger so they can actually support the weights once I add them. Anyone have a plan handy they started with to start training on deep squats, lunges etc. as far as reps/times a week goes? I read somewhere that a shoulder/rotator cuff workout ought to be incorporated to prevent injury, and I'm wondering if the kettlebell workouts are enough for that right now or if I should get moving with a specific rotator cuff plan (I have dumbbells). I follow the Gin Miller DVD which came with my kettlebell and I really like it.

Any pointers are appreciated, and thanks for reading this!

Replies