Pregnancy Milestone

vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
For each of my pregnancies, this week has always given me a lot of relief. This is week 24. This is the week that doctors consider him a viable child. If he were to be born today, he would get life saving treatment. It would still be a long shot, and there would still be a lot of potential issues if he were born today. For some reason though, this is very comforting to me, that each day he is just getting stronger and more able to face the world.

Replies

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    It is very comforting! I'm 22 weeks right now and have been praying each day that baby Kaylee is growing strong and healthy just like her big brother did :O).
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    I remember feeling so relieved when I hit this milestone with my first. I hadn't thoguht about it this pregnancy - but I too am so grateful to have passed week 24! Hopefully none of our babies need the life saving treatments and keep baking until they are just perfect. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Agreed! I hit 24 weeks yesterday and had the same thought. I was so carefree with my first pregnancy, but for some reason (maybe because I really understand what I've got to lose whereas before I was in denial?) I felt better passing this milestone as well. Yes, a baby born at 24 weeks has a rough road ahead of him/her, but it's possible for all to be ok. A friend of mine has a son who was born at 25 weeks, and he is now almost 5 with very few lasting issues. It prompted her to go to nursing school, which she just finished this past December :smile:
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    wow - so glad you made the milestone!
    I have a LONG time to go yet before getting there....but it's a goal to hit for sure xx
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    any milestone that helps keep us sane is worth celebrating!