Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Tyrion is just a pleasure to follow, but I was -and still am- one of the few people who really appreciates Jaimie Lannister. What a misunderstood character!

I agree about Jaime Lannister. I was a little leery when I saw that he was getting his own chapters, but I kinda like him now.
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones is truly an addiction. We gather with my RPG group to watch the episodes, and we're getting into the tabletop game as well. Tyrion is just a pleasure to follow, but I was -and still am- one of the few people who really appreciates Jaimie Lannister. What a misunderstood character!

But honestly, we're all just rooting for Daenerys
    Daenerys-poster-daenerys-targaryen-30082500-493-629.jpg

My gaming group was looking at GoT tabletop as well. How do you like it?
  • basicjim
    Options
    There is a difference between book and TV. The books keep getting darker and darker. I was rooting for Tyrion and now am annoyed with him. Right now my favorite is "Cat of the Canals" Arya an I admit I have a thing for Asha Greyjoy.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Reading book 3 now. I started with the shows when a friend let me borrow Season 1 on DVD, and then I read Book 1. Once I'd watched Season 2 I let myself read book 2. Now I can't wait and have decided to go ahead and read first, I just can't resist. I have been completely mad for the Hound since day one. I love his don't-give-a-*kitten* attitude. Every time he shows up in an episode, I'm sitting there like
    tumblr_mc4bf7SDru1r4gyjbo2_500.png
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I have been completely mad for the Hound since day one.

It's only going to get worse as you keep reading the books :) Rory McCann nails it in the show, too.
  • SavvyCake
    Options
    Well, I'm doomed then. I'm already totally in love with him. And yes, Rory NAILS it. Couldn't imagine anyone else in his place now.
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    It is quite interesting, a combination of Risk and Settlers of Catan, with some elements of chess.
  • ScullyKel
    ScullyKel Posts: 69
    Options
    Can we get a special episode of 2 hours of Tyrion slapping Joffrey? Please?

a1ZES.gif

Best. Gif. Ever!

COMPLETELY Agree!!! OMG so awesome. I want to just keep watching it.

ok Carry on thread...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    DOn't love anyone ever in this series..... :sad: :cry: It seems like everytime I get attached to someone :indifferent: they bite it... So far Arya is my favorite and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on her life legnth
  • SavvyCake
    Options
    DOn't love anyone ever

If only it were so easy... :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between book and TV. The books keep getting darker and darker. I was rooting for Tyrion and now am annoyed with him. Right now my favorite is "Cat of the Canals" Arya an I admit I have a thing for Asha Greyjoy.

Still rooting for Tyrion even though he went "Dark". Also, I LUV Arya as "Cat of the Canals". She is my favorite.

Jon Snow is Azor Ahai reborn!
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    wGwMRXu.jpg
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lmbo! Love that pic! Lannister love. Sigh...
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) looks like Charming from Shrek?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) looks like Charming from Shrek?

Looks and sounds.
  • DaniEdge9
    DaniEdge9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I really like the books and shows but I met George R.R. Martin once and he seems so... annoyed with the series. It's like he has no real love for it. It was a very surreal experience that someone could be surrounded by their creation and people that adore it and he couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact or smile at all.

Was he annoyed with the entirety of it or just the TV series? I could understand that given how many changes there are between the two. That and as a stereotype, writers don't generally relish the idea of limelight. He seems more of a solitary old man in the woods conjuring up images of wonder, not so much dealing with the drooling masses. Additionally, he began the series 18 years ago, and while had it's own following, it must be terribly overwhelming to have this sudden "curse" of celebrity brought on by the TV series.

I think that makes perfect sense. Obviously I don't know the man, but I hear my friends complaining about how long it takes him to finish these books, and so maybe these stories have become a burden to him. Sometimes people can hate their creations but are pressured either through fame/publishers/their own self to finish them.
  • basicjim
    Options
    It is quite interesting, a combination of Risk and Settlers of Catan, with some elements of chess.

Is it one that will make it to the table regularly, or is it an "every now and then" kinda game for your group?
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't know the man, but I hear my friends complaining about how long it takes him to finish these books, and so maybe these stories have become a burden to him.

That's my guess too. He's cut out a buttload of work for himself to finish and it must loom very threateningly at times. The thing that bums me out is that rather than considering getting help with the undertaking, he has ordered any unfinished works or notes to be destroyed upon his death and for the series not to be continued by anyone else, which means he doesn't care if millions of fans are left swinging in the wind and doesn't feel *responsible* to finish the many story lines he has started. If I were him I'd be lining up an understudy to entrust it to, particularly given his age and health. But then that's me.
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Is it one that will make it to the table regularly, or is it an "every now and then" kinda game for your group?
    Oh when we get together for tabletop games, we indulge in at least one of the 2 TV series based games (unfortunately they take up time so we can't always play both): Game of Thrones, and Battlestar Galactica. So I would say it's an at least twice per month game for us.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Can we get a special episode of 2 hours of Tyrion slapping Joffrey? Please?

a1ZES.gif

LOL love the gif and love this show!!!