Weekly chat thread Mon 2-4 to Sun 2-10

13»

Replies

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    I got my weighted gloves today and made it through fire 30 with them on. It is amazing how just 1.5lbs of extra resistance on each hand intensified the workout.
    I did upper 20 for the first time today and wow my arms are feeling the burn! I really suck at overhead presses with the resistance band. My set did not come with the one they use so I've been using my own "heavy" tube, but I probably should have purchased a lighter one. Oh well, I know I will power through and get better with time.
    I thought about getting weighted gloves, glad to hear it's such a big difference. I feel like I'm more conscious of using my arms this time around so I am getting more of a workout in them, but I still feel like my legs work harder.

Did Fire 45 today for the first time in a long time, LOVED it. Rest day tomorrow, I'm in week 6 of the prep. I lost 3 lbs this weeks weigh in and am down 5.5 inches in the last 3 weeks!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Posting in shame for not having started the TF this week. I started lifting and experienced extreme tiredness. Thought I was just super weak and craving food but then TOM arrived and it all became clear!

@Starlage - had a 3-day headache or starter-migraine here too, so cardio just didn't happen! The link you posted of your schedule looks like the regular TF schedule, I think you may have seen the 9-week 'prep' schedule, which comes in the booklet and is for those not used to exercise before tackling the HIITs in the regular schedule.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    @tawnie- sounds like a win! I hate eating out when there's no nutritional info available online!

@kiekie- ugh, hate migraines!! Yeah that was the one I saw, in the booklet. My ebay won kit didn't come with the proper schedules. I just googled "20 week turbofire schedule" and found one online ":smile:

I'm not quite on track with the schedule yet, I did "yesterday"s workout (I'm off by a day because of me extra rest day last weekend) so I got to do day 8, my beloved fire 45!! Love that one. My favorite by far. I've done it so many times before I got the whole set that I can do it now with "music fired up" option on and not have to watch the screen for every next move! Time to relax for couple of hours with the tv, then i'm spending the evening in with my bff with movies and girly nail stuff, hin crust pizza from papa murphy's for dinner. Mmmm!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Hi ladies, So glad everyone is pushing play. I am still recouping and hoping its not my rotatior cuff that is out of commission. :(
    I don't remember all the names so I'll just burb my thoughts.

I noticed with the bands I tense my neck more too. I switched to weights and this helped me I know this isn't an option for all just what worked for me. Also slowing them down will help.

I have myself some weighted gloves and WOW, you are right they make such a differance. You wouldn't think so but it does. I have to be careful when throwing punches not to extend it to far and do damage.

I Really like CLX in comparsion to P90X and she is just as hard. I think you will like it. I am currently doing the Janelle Summers CLX/TF schudle and It kicks butt Bonus I can still turbo :) My hubby is doing Body beast and while it seems like a good workout I am not all that ready yet. It Is REALLY hard, Sagi's training is totally different then CLX and P90x. Kills the arms and legs but that is all I have done, two workouts, but I may do the program when done with what I am doing now. we will see how strong I get and quit pulling muscles. That just plain sucks. :) Keep pushing play!!!!!!!
  • Starlage
    @vini, good to know CXL is still tough! I'm planning on in next. I want to to the TF/CXL hybrid after I get through my TF schedule!

Well last night was nice and relaxing, movies/nails/pizz = great night in with my BFF! I'm not sure what workout I'm supposed to do today- I THINK it's the HIIT 20 and 40 stretch, but I'm not feeling in a yoga mood today. Maybe I'll do the HIIT 20 and my power yoga dvd, slightly more active than regular yoga but still gets the stretching in. We'll see what I feel like later!
  • Starlage
    Alright, workout done! I was supposed to do HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30 but I wanted a little extra cardio so I did the HIIT 25 and the sculpt 30. LOVE the sculpt 30! My arms are definitely sore after it. I don't know if it's part of the regular set or the advanced set? But it's awesome. It used the cord again, but she gave more tips about shortening the cord to make it harder, so that's what I did and it was definitely better! Love. The HIIT 25 I actually liked better than the HIIT 30. The firedrills were just more fun to me than what's on the HIIT 30. So, day 10- DONE!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Finished my second month of TF, I kinda did a mini inferno this last week, adding an extra Hiit 15 to my workouts since it seemed my measurements weren't moving and it looked like it worked, I lost an inch from my hips and thighs, nothing from my waist, though it is TOM, so I decided to blame it on that. Weigh in is tomorrow...I don't own a scale, so I have to weigh in a work. Wish me luck, I'm hoping for at least 8lbs for the month to stay with my 2lb/week plan.