Tea to help curve hunger

Options
I'm wondering if there is a certain type of tea that helps curve your appetite? I think green tea helps with energy but is there any for helping you last from breakfast to lunch or lunch to dinner? I feel constantly hungry, I have water and gum that I try to use and it helps a bit but not all the time. Maybe I should just plan to do the 4-5 small meals a day :)

Replies

• CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    There's some evidence that green tea helps to curb appetite, but really, any tea will help. Often times when you think you're hungry, you're really thirsty, or your just used to eating at that time. Tea really helps.

If you're actually truly hungry (i.e. tea doesn't help, water doesn't help, gum doesn't help) then you probably need to eat. You need to listen to your body. If you're not eating when your body actually requires food, you will end up not being able to stick with the diet.

Going to 4-5 small meals a day might help, but I've found that upping my protein has really helped with hunger (protein makes you feel full for longer) and just changing the things I eat when I do eat. Lots of veggies, lean meats, and smaller portions of things I ate before. At this point, on the days I exercise I can't get anywhere near my calorie goal (as in, I'm way under) without stuffing myself silly because I'm already so full on healthy, low-cal food.