The Newby!

Options
EmRN1027
EmRN1027 Posts: 5 Member
Hello all! I'm Emily, a 32 year old fat RN and trying to become a healthy RN! My husband and I have been married for five years and both have a lot of weight to lose, especially because its holding us back from having a family. Happy to be here!

Replies

• shaneeeast
    shaneeeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome Emily! My wife and I are in the same boat; weight affecting family possibilities. I was putting it off and putting it off thinking I'd just do some 90 lbs in 9 months miracle cure but then reality - and my 38th birthday - hit and I realized there's NO time like the present!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Beth and am a Secretary - 46 years old, happily married for almost 19 years.

I went through infertility too and have two beautiful daughters now. With me, it wasn't so much my weight, but other things that kept us from conceiving - auto-immune disorders, blocked tube, etc. So even if I had lost the weight, I still wouldn't have been able to conceive on my own.

The doctor I went to see was David McLaughlin at Women's Specialty Health at 146th/Cumberland (www.familyjoy.net). 2 cycles, 2 kids. Can't beat those odds!!

Suggestion: Make sure you get checked out just to make sure there aren't other issues at hand. Not that losing weight isn't important, but would hate to see you put things off if there's something else going on you didn't know about.

Good luck to all!!
  • LeslyACanales
    Options
    Hello my name is Lesly i am 20 year old college student basically I am going for an RN and trying to stay healthy during the process.I am from Long Island, New York but currently in Indiana.I enjoy playing soccer and currently being personally trained Wednesday and fridays with my boyfriend he is very serious with lifting weights and counting calories so i began to learn new material with even products like making the right protein shake. I am using myfitnesspal to eat as much protein and try to stay healthy through-out life.
  • angie6171
    angie6171 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI there! I've been on MFP since last May and it has been the best tool to help me lose the weight by far! As soon as I had a reality check as to how many calories I was eating in a day, that did it for me! My husband and I have been married for 22 years this year, I am 41. Took us at least the first 8 years of our marriage to have kids. The only thing we found out was that I wasn't ovulating every month. We tried and tried, but nothing was happening. So we gave it a rest decided we'd be happy with just two of us and then a few years later I found out I was pregnant and then when our daughter was about 8 months old, we found out about our son coming along. :) Needless to say we knew we were done after that. Good luck to you!
  • EmRN1027
    EmRN1027 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shaneeeast - is your wife on MFP too?

Beth - I have PCOS, so I know what I have to do....it's just doing it.
  • shaneeeast
    shaneeeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, she is but I don't think she's active on the community boards; I've only recently started checking them out myself. She's under TiffanyBEast
  • sinda73
    Options
    Hi all, new to the group, have been on MFP for awhile. Looking for the support to hit my goals. Its tough, frustrating at times but the rewards are huge. Just remember if you Drink it ink it, if you bite it write it. I am not an out to eat person often, maybe twice a month. If anyone on here is a fitness guru would appreciate advice if I have questions. I hate fitness, but I do it, and do it to the max!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome!! Been on MFP since the beginning of Jan. I'm a CSR at a local Allstate office. (so I sit on my rear for 8-9hrs a day). I am training for my 3rd Half Marathon on 2/24. I will also be participating in the Mini in May. When I'm not at work or at the Y, I love to be outside and doing things with my 2 boys.
    I have 35-40 lbs I need to lose. Heart disease runs in my family, so I MUST get healthy for myself..and my kiddos. :) Mary