pre op must have!!!

Options
Alright, wls pals what were/ are your must have items during your pre-op diet phase. Seriously, what are the things you were able to have that helped you get through it.

This should be fun.
Pearl

Replies

• anitadanafit
    anitadanafit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am doing one meal of low sodium broth with unjury protein, 1 meal of low-sodium v8 juice with unjury protein powder and 1 meal of iced coffee with unjury protein powder. I couldn't do the prepared protein drinks because they are all too sweet.

Good luck.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My pre-op diet only lasted 7 days and consisted of 3 Bariatric Advantage meal replacement shakes and a dinner of 5 oz. lean meat + 1 cup cooked or 2 cups raw veggies per day. I made sure that I chose a flavor of shake that I loved and was good to go. My fave was Orange Cream.
  • ErinShannon
    ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popsicles were a lifesaver - helped with the sweet craving - were nice and cold - and something I could actually "chew". My pre op diet was two weeks long and only liquids (sugar free jello, low sodium broth, protein shakes, etc).
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I made my own broth...so much better than store bought, and froze it in smaller portions. I had beef and chicken. I also loved sugar free popsicles, jello, and my protein shakes. Mine was 2 weeks, and I could have a small meal at night (under 300 cal) during the first week, but after that it was liquids only. I will say the preparing before made it easier post-op since I basically ate the same items.
  • CHC94
    CHC94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HELP!! I'm doing clear liquids pre-op and I had to warn co-workers today that I may be downright evil over this week and it's not personal. I need suggestions to make the growling tummy go away!