posterior shin splints?!

Saree1902
Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
Has anyone ever had the above? How long did it take to heal?

I have a random pain on my inner calf and it feels really tight. Ok when I walk but sore when I run. I'm not sure if it's 'posterior shin splints' (result of googling 'inner lower leg pain') or some kind of pulled muscle...

I'm currently resting for a few days (not running, still doing gym workouts) and using freeze spray on it periodically.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd like to hear them...I want to run!

Thanks

Replies

• jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    This might be a little late but when i started running, I got shin splints. I think mine is just due to a 260lbs guy trying to run on concrete.

Solutions would be to just to rest the legs, focus on other exercises. I found that a rowing machine and bike machine didn't cause any pain to them. It also might have something with the shoes you are wearing... maybe they are wearing out...

Hopefully your shins are fine now
  • I have them. Mine developed when I changed running shoes. I found that rolling a golf ball under my foot by the arches really helps. I have to pass on a marathon because the pain was so bad and I never thought it was due to new shoes. I switched shoes and I fell better but long runs and higher weekly mileage still bring it on until they fully heel. Have you tried changing shoes?
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Ouch! I had this in the fall while training for a randomly long distance race. Those gel inserts are life savers.. as well as lots of icing and stretching and such...
    Hope you get all healed up soon!