Team DOLVETT-WEEK 5 CHALLENGE

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Team here we are in week 5 of the challenge! This week we are treating this thread like OUR PERSONAL JOURNAL.

What are we typing in our personal journal? We are logging our meals, exercise, recipes, tips,goals, questions, ect. Each day write in this journal about any or every topic. So, lets get started!

Replies

• jomom2
    Options
    I will begin with.... I have been having a difficult last couple of weeks. I make too many excuses and am not constant with my exercise routine. Or with my meal planning. I always want to leave it for tomorrow. BUT, when I do find motivation in me, I feel AMAZING! I just hate when I stop....SOOOO, starting RIGHT NOW I WILL do what I set out to do. I WILL: go to the gym and have a healthy lunch and dinner. I will let you girls/guys know how it goes. Have a great day! :happy:
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow where do I start, I knew I would be tried after returning home from vacation that was a given, but not exhausted. Maybe it’s not so much that I’m tired but so sore I can hardly move. What did I do wrong? At the gym on Sat, I thought I did start back slow. On leg press which I normally would due 5 sets, 15/90,12/180, 8/270,10/ 230, 15/180 (reps/weight) I did 3 sets 15/90,12/180, 15/90 this is nothing for me just a warm up, I then did squats (on the smith machine) normally I due 4 sets 12/50, 10/75, 8/100, 10/50 so I did 3 sets 10/50, 8/65, 10/50. Next is back, same thing less than normal. I finished up with 35 minuet walk on the treadmill level 2 @ 3.7 pace. Here’s were the trouble starts. By dinner my legs were SORE. I rubbed them down with bio freeze, took 2 Aleve, 4 Matrix complex and 2 Celadrin w/ HA. At this point I know my legs are not happy. I woke up Sunday morning I’m not just SORE but I’m SSSOOORRREEE!! Can hardy move, can’t even touch. So I’m thinking what did I do wrong? What could I have done differently? Sunday, I walked about 30 minutes, did the elliptical easy about 20 minutes no pushing it. I did about 20 jumping jacks, but could only get out 4 squats. Once again took 2 Aleve, 4 Matrix complex and 2 Celadrin w/ HA. I’m thinking this will help the soreness to go away, WRONG! Monday is better however long car day. Could hit the gym so by the time I got home I was so sore and now stiff all I could do is go to bed in the middle of the biggest loser could stand it any more. Its Tues I didn’t make it to the gym this morning to walk sleep was prevailing 15 hours of SLEEP. I don’t feel as sore so I’m head to the gym to do it all over again back to my normal we’ll see what happens. Sure wish I knew what I did wrong. I think I’ll send this journal entry over to “The Boss” maybe he will have an answer for me. Anyways till tomorrow.

4526527.png[/url]
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I hunk I've finally got a happy balance between living to eat and eating to live, but I need a kick in the pants for the working out. I only have a limited amount of time to go to the gym and I'm using that as an excuse. My goal this week is to get to the gym at least 5 times. There is really no reason I can't do that.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    STRESS, STRESS, STRESS....thank goodness January is complete and accounting year end (for the most part) is done. I still have a huge amount of personal tax crap/issues I have to get done but at least work is not slowing down a bit. I have been overwhelmed with work, home finances, chores, kids, lazy husband (needs a kick in the shorts)...I’ve literally felt that I have no time for myself and the time I do have for myself I am so exhausted I go to bed.

I am also selfishly :embarassed: sad as the gal I was going to run my 1/2 marathon with in August just found out she is expecting, that is wonderful news for herself, hubby and son...I feel like not even trying to run the 1/2 now...just a "winter blues" few weeks, need to get out of the funk!

I know how much better I feel when I get a workout in; I just need to put forth a better effort. Need to refocuse and make "me" time this week!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am exercising and logging food..i have been soooo swamped with schoolwork and house hunting ( and we put in a offer on one today) that I can't concentrate, I can't sleep!!!!! I'm a big bundle of nerves. I had to haul my work at home butt into the office today for a meeting, the first time I think I have been in in 6 weeks. Oy Vey, that was fun, but it reminds me of why I like my little office at home. I really need to try to get more sleep tonite. I hope I can, I don't think the seller will accept our offer, but secretly, I would rather have the second choice house, but this house could be just as nice. Such a hard decision. Waiting impatiently....
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonite that was so amazing. It was pan-seared boneless, skinless chicken breast, broccoli and pecans cooked in Hoisin Sauce. I got it from one of my closest pals on MFP. It was delicious!! I have decided to try my hand at logging my food every day (which I think is so tedious, time consuming) again starting Fri. I adjusted my nutrition goals and it has me eating more calories than I have been. With the way I work out, I think this will help me with my weight loss.

Today I did the toughest Jamie Eason LiveFit workout to date. I started Phase 2 yesterday. I got through it though. It definitely took me out of my comfort zone...Lol. I'm also on week 5 of Turbo Fire, which I absolutely love!!!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising and eating right, but I have the hardest time keeping my food log together. So yesterday I adjusted my calories and made a promise to myself to log everyday from that point on. I have been stuck at 175 for the longest and I think its because I have been starving my body so let s see how eating more works out. Also making sure my food diary is done by the time I go to bed.
  • psychomomxs4
    Options
    Today is a new day…on the treadmill @ 4:45 am work hard got 4 miles out of the way. Burned 435 calories, will hit the gym for chest, shoulders, tris after I get the kids up and going @ 10 am. Yesterday I hit my legs the same as I did on Sat. today I’m not sore at all. Asked a friend why I got so sore his answer was you took 2 weeks off. He’s right I didn’t do pressed or squats however; I did do 8 flights of stairs 5 -7 times each day. Boy that really got my legs, but I guess it was just too different. Well, I’ll see if his theory is right I do chest today we’ll see if I’m sore tomorrow. Ate like crape yesterday, not doing that great at logging food either. Today is a new day. I’m getting back on track….I know what my problem is I met my one year goal. Now what?? I need a new goal! I need to come up with a new lifting plan! I need to set up some 5ks and get them on my calendar! I know I’m really good when I have a plan and can easily follow that plan….SO GET A PLAN!

4526527.png[/url]
  • jomom2
    Options
    I am exercising and logging food..i have been soooo swamped with schoolwork and house hunting ( and we put in a offer on one today) that I can't concentrate, I can't sleep!!!!! I'm a big bundle of nerves. I had to haul my work at home butt into the office today for a meeting, the first time I think I have been in in 6 weeks. Oy Vey, that was fun, but it reminds me of why I like my little office at home. I really need to try to get more sleep tonite. I hope I can, I don't think the seller will accept our offer, but secretly, I would rather have the second choice house, but this house could be just as nice. Such a hard decision. Waiting impatiently....

I know what you are going through. We went through the "buying a house stress". I never realized it would be so stressful. I had many sleepless nights about offers. But, you will end up with the home that is ment for you. And at the end it will be worth it.
  • jomom2
    Options
    STRESS, STRESS, STRESS....thank goodness January is complete and accounting year end (for the most part) is done. I still have a huge amount of personal tax crap/issues I have to get done but at least work is not slowing down a bit. I have been overwhelmed with work, home finances, chores, kids, lazy husband (needs a kick in the shorts)...I’ve literally felt that I have no time for myself and the time I do have for myself I am so exhausted I go to bed.

I am also selfishly :embarassed: sad as the gal I was going to run my 1/2 marathon with in August just found out she is expecting, that is wonderful news for herself, hubby and son...I feel like not even trying to run the 1/2 now...just a "winter blues" few weeks, need to get out of the funk!

I know how much better I feel when I get a workout in; I just need to put forth a better effort. Need to refocuse and make "me" time this week!

I am the same way, I feel amazing when I exercise. I don't know why I stop. Yes, refocus yourself and you will be meeting your goals in no time.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I hunk I've finally got a happy balance between living to eat and eating to live, but I need a kick in the pants for the working out. I only have a limited amount of time to go to the gym and I'm using that as an excuse. My goal this week is to get to the gym at least 5 times. There is really no reason I can't do that.

Thats great you have a balance with your meals, I think that part is the hardest. Ps. I love the idea, that you take pics of your scale. I am going to start doing that. I think it makes you more accountable. Good luck with the gym, I am sure you will do great!
  • jomom2
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonite that was so amazing. It was pan-seared boneless, skinless chicken breast, broccoli and pecans cooked in Hoisin Sauce. I got it from one of my closest pals on MFP. It was delicious!! I have decided to try my hand at logging my food every day (which I think is so tedious, time consuming) again starting Fri. I adjusted my nutrition goals and it has me eating more calories than I have been. With the way I work out, I think this will help me with my weight loss.

Today I did the toughest Jamie Eason LiveFit workout to date. I started Phase 2 yesterday. I got through it though. It definitely took me out of my comfort zone...Lol. I'm also on week 5 of Turbo Fire, which I absolutely love!!!

That sounds yummy! I am going to do the same too, it is so hard for me to log my food. I think I will make my meal plans the night before, that way I will post it early in the morning. Have a great week!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Today is a new day…on the treadmill @ 4:45 am work hard got 4 miles out of the way. Burned 435 calories, will hit the gym for chest, shoulders, tris after I get the kids up and going @ 10 am. Yesterday I hit my legs the same as I did on Sat. today I’m not sore at all. Asked a friend why I got so sore his answer was you took 2 weeks off. He’s right I didn’t do pressed or squats however; I did do 8 flights of stairs 5 -7 times each day. Boy that really got my legs, but I guess it was just too different. Well, I’ll see if his theory is right I do chest today we’ll see if I’m sore tomorrow. Ate like crape yesterday, not doing that great at logging food either. Today is a new day. I’m getting back on track….I know what my problem is I met my one year goal. Now what?? I need a new goal! I need to come up with a new lifting plan! I need to set up some 5ks and get them on my calendar! I know I’m really good when I have a plan and can easily follow that plan….SO GET A PLAN!

4526527.png[/url]

What can I say, but you are such a great motivator. You make no excuses and you go for it! I love that! I wish I had it in me sometimes. But that is great advice, to have a plan. Gonna grab my notebook and start a plan! Thanks!
  • jomom2
    Options
    I have been exercising and eating right, but I have the hardest time keeping my food log together. So yesterday I adjusted my calories and made a promise to myself to log everyday from that point on. I have been stuck at 175 for the longest and I think its because I have been starving my body so let s see how eating more works out. Also making sure my food diary is done by the time I go to bed.

I know my sister (pamastori), had similar issues and eating more calories did help her. Good luck with that and the food diary , I am going to try my hardest to log my food in too.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well l, just when I was ready to head back to the gym...the dreaded February cold hits me hard. I'm hoping that a few days off will help me shake this thing. It happe a every year at this time of year. Once this is done, I will go to the gym more. My husband and I have a new plan, so with can both go to the gym and the baby can stay at home. I don't like the idea of moving him from one daycare to another just so I can go to the gym. I hope the weather continues to be nice and we can do outside stuff with my son,

Great work everyone!
  • neon7girl
    Options

I know what you are going through. We went through the "buying a house stress". I never realized it would be so stressful. I had many sleepless nights about offers. But, you will end up with the home that is ment for you. And at the end it will be worth it.

You got that right and after laughing at the home buying shows and how much they 'fret', I am living it, lol. :wink:
  • neon7girl
    Options
    Wednesday.. Workout done= check.. food logged and withing goals= check.

Counter offer on the house, fingers still crossed tightly. 1/3 of schoolwork done. I'm not sure if i can do any tonite, I am very tired from the stress. Friday is 1/2 day of work and car going to garage, so hopefully I can bang out a bit then.

More to follow - should have an answer on the house tomorrow.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging in faithfully. Yesterday I decided to go all the way and by the time I had my afternoon snack I bearly had an calories left for dinner. This was a reality check for me. From here on out, I will log everything, so I will be more aware, likewise be accountable for my actions. No wonder my weight loss is not all that.

I claim victory for the remainder of this challenge.
  • psychomomxs4
    Options
    Thursday’s thoughts….MY PLAN… for the next 3 months I’m going to really focus on upper body strength since my leg are my strong point. 1 YEAR Goals: GOAL #1 take body fat down to 20%, GOAL #2 to bench 200 pounds. (it will be a real stretch but after all what is goal), GOAL #3 to enter an amateur competition in Spring 2014.

Today I’m left with even more questions than yesterday. Ok my legs were so sore for my first out on Saturday. Yesterday, I did my first upper body workout. I did my regular weight training routine used my normal weights even added a few new moves..Today NOTHING my normal soreness. I’m sure it from the new moves. This doesn’t make any sense to me. I’ve got to understand the why. If it were true about the being off for 2 weeks then my upper body should be as sore as my lower was. Since it is not, I don’t accept that theory.

On the nutrient side… leaned about different protein sources absorption today..new info always good. NOTE take protein 30 minute after awaking, just before work out, just after workout and long acting protein before bed..WATCH the calorie counts of these products.

PS REST DAY

4526527.png[/url]
  • neon7girl
    Options
    Yay!! We bought a house. :happy:
    BOO.. I still have homework. Did get my exercise in and logging food. Hard week for the program I am doing, had 4 days of back to back hard exercises, two more days and these next ones are considerably lighter, thank goodness. I am making homemade vegetable soup and sandwiches. I have three more weeks of classes then I get a semester off to move. I need a vacation!