Hi, I'm new.

Hi, My name is Raven. I'm new here to the group and the myfitnesspal site. i have been dealing with pcos since i found out back in 2008. I have one son. We are trying to have another child and right now im on metformin and vit. d meds. i wanna know what diet is better for women with PCOS?

Replies

• pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Welcome, and congratulations on your son! Generally, it's most common to see people recommend a low glycemic diet for PCOS, but there is a lot of variety in what the women with PCOS on this site have found works for them. I would say that a starting priority for most is eating less processed food.

If you're tracking your diet, you're already on the right track to getting healthier :-)

You mentioned Metformin... are you insulin resistant? If so, that impacts things.
  • Hi and Congrats. I just recently found out I have it. I am having trouble getting started losing the weight. I've seen a few pounds drop. What I have been doing is still eating the things I want to, but just less of them. I cut my carbs down as much as possible. It's hard at first I know today I'm going to be over due to lunch being brought into my office, but the way I see it is that if I work it off hard enough later that I'm okay. I hope this has kind've helped you. If you are Insulin Resistant this may not be the best for you. I have yet to get tested for Insulin Resistance. I am going for that tomorrow. Wish me luck and I hope you the best!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Welcome to the group. ;) You will find friendly advice and helpful friends. :heart:
    As far as your diet goes. Just start off by trying MFP calorie and goal set. That will give you a personal view of what your eating for the week. When I started out I found I wasn't eating near enough!
    I follow the diabetes diet of less than 45g per meal of carbs and around 2,000cal a day. Others do things differently; you will find what works for you. Feel free to add me if you'd like. God bless