Pain in the upper back?

Options
murmt
murmt Posts: 11 Member
Hi,

I'm doing the shred too, after ~12-14 years of total inactivity. Started on 28th, did it for 4 days then had to take a 2 day break. Started again with day 5 on Sunday and suddenly my upper back (between the shoulder blades) is in agony when doing any kind of jumping exercise. When doing anything else or resting, there is no pain, just a little tightness; just start to jump and it comes on in a flash. Not the "burning" sensation of a working muscle, but strong dull pain, as if I pulled it. The worst is jumprope, then jumping jacks and a little when doing buttkicks. On day 4 there was no pain, and on day 5 (after 2 days rest) it started right at the warm-up. Maybe it's normal? Does anybody else experience this? I just can't imagine where I could have pulled that muscle and how :huh:

Replies

• FabnFit2013
    FabnFit2013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    yes if you have not worked out - you may want to ease into the workout - i pulled my thigh muscle on day 3 :)

took lot of hot showers before i felt better - do the beginners moves until you get comforable.

with 30D shred - i have some soreness in my knees and thighs -- nothing on the upper back.

good luck - workout safe.