so i bought a size smaller

Options
I'm getting married in October 2013 (8 months away). I bought my dress back in November. I bought it a size smaller because I've been doing a good job of losing weight (about 26 pounds so far, 22 of that with MFP alone). It zips half way, but still has a few inches to go. To be blunt, I really need to lose a cup size or 2 (currently a 42ddd, was a 44ddd when I bought the dress).

I'd love support from any other ladies in my situation or any suggestion on upper body exercises. I've lost 4 pants sizes thus far, it's just my boobs that are the issue LOL.

Replies

• Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I asked the staffer helping me with my dress what she thought about brides who buy the dress too small with the hopes of using it as an incentive to lose weight. To be blunt, she said "I think they're crazy."

I was tempted to do this because I was in-between sizes and didn't want the upcharge for ordering the bigger size, but she said no one can target where they lose weight and that they might lose weight in the areas they don't need to to fit a certain size.

I've always been told you can't spot-target weight loss. You may want to work on back exercises to tone your back, that will take a little bit away from your circumference. Otherwise just keep losing weight overall and some of it should come from your boobs, although they might be the last to go.

Good luck!
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've found that planks do wonders for everything, abs, back and chest. Pushups, the ones with a wider stance, will work your chest more as well (the close together hands focus on the back of your arms). Also, weight lifting. military presses from your shoulders to above your head, lay on your back and press from your chest straight up and laying on your back with your arms extended to either size straight out from your shoulders and then drawing them up to above your face. I do this to help with the extra squish around my chest...but just remember...some ppl are meant to be larger up top. I've lost weight and inches...but only 1 from my chest. hope this helps and keep on it. you can do this and you will look epic in your wedding dress no matter what
  • reenasamaan
    reenasamaan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did this - I bought my dress off the rack, which was a size too small, 6 months before my first fitting thinking I could drop some weight. Buying the dress saved me $1500 which is why I did it. Anyways, I had my fitting last week and it zipped (!!) but still too snug, so they are now making it bigger. IF they can make your dress a size bigger, that's an out - if you have no out I'd be weary. In that six month time period I probably only skipped the gym five days. My losses lately have been incredibly slow tho cos I'm near my goal weight, so I'm sure that was a huge factor. Good luck tho!!!