Do You Use An Animas One Touch Ping Insulin Pump?

Options
terriejones
terriejones Posts: 518 Member
Is anyone on the Ping pump. I've been on the Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm for several years now and I'm in the market for a new pump. I like mine but I saw that the Ping is waterproof. and has a remote. I hate having to pull my pump out to give myself a bolus, it limits the places I can wear it. I don't like to have to go hide somewhere to pull out my pump. If you use the Ping, what do you like or dislike about it? And how do you like to wear your pump? I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Thanks, Terrie

Replies

• jonnyrosko
    jonnyrosko Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m currently using an Animas 2020 and I love it. I was going to upgrade to the Ping a while back but decided to hold off on it. Animas is working on releasing a pump that’s integrated w/ a CGM. The Ping is just integrated w/ a meter. The FDA still hasn’t approved its US release yet. That’s the only reason I haven’t upgraded to the Ping yet. I think it’s called the Vibe and it’s available in the UK.
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Animas Ping for about a year now. I LOVE it. Its my favorite pump so far. I have been on the MiniMed 501 (I think) a few years ago and tried others including and older model of the Animas pump. I love that I can check my blood and give myself a bolus right from the meter. I don't really use it in water much. (I never know what to do with it in the shower and most times that I go in a pool I just take it off) I would highly recommend it!
  • terriejones
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for the info. I think I'll call the company and have them send me a brochure.
  • jnewstadt
    jnewstadt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Terrie - Have you looked at the Omnipod? I switched from a Paradigm, and LOVE being tubeless.
  • BeFitwithT1
    BeFitwithT1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been with Animas for 10-12 years, pumping with the Ping for over two. I don't use the remote that often, maybe a few times a week, but I love having the option. The Ping is slightly larger than the 20/20 or earlier Animas pumps (which is a bit of a bummer since the remote makes it ideal for hiding in clothing) but isn't so large as to limit placement in clothing. The waterproof feature is nice but as Serafee noted, I don't wear mine in water either. Though it is wonderful to not have to worry about such an expensive piece of equipment being ruined if it's accidentally worn in water. Also, Animas support is pretty good. I've only had one bad experience but that was really due to my pump breaking during a long holiday weekend and waiting until a week day for shipping. Otherwise replacement always come overnight. I've also never had any problems actually getting approved for a replacement.

Animas also offers a trade-in program when the pump warrenty expires (4 years I believe) and they even offer pump assistance if you fall below a certain income level. I was barely over and ask for an exemption, which resulted in Animas waiving my 1,000 co-pay.

I would suggest asking your Endo about 'trying' out the 20/20 or Ping (basically the same pump, just minus the remote with the 20/20). Their Animas rep should be able to offer one to try out for a week or so. If not, try contacting Animas directly and see if its something they can offer.
  • terriejones
    Options
    Thanks. I just changed insurance at the beginning of the year and don't have an endo yet, but will be asking for a trial as soon as I do. I spend a lot of time in the pool during the summer, so that's one of the things that interested me in the animas pump plus the remote. Too many times I've tucked my pump away and then run off somewhere and had to find a place to hide while I retrieved it.