First Jump on the Bandwagon

Hi, everybody. My name is Jessica, and I turn 23 in April. Last March I was "officially": diagnosed with PCOS, even though we'd known I had it since I was 12; I had to have a huge cyst removed at that very young age. I knew, but I ignored it, hoping the symptoms would go away, but I'm to the point in my life that I cant hide anymore--- literally and figuratively. I've reached a whooping highpoint in my weight... 255 pounds. I've been there for about two years. I'm getting married in May and we want to start a family right away, since it will be difficult for me (I had a miscarriage very early in the pregnancy a few years ago) and he is thirty and is ready to be a dad. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY ready to be a mother. It's been the most important goal in my life since I can remember.

I need help. I need women who are going through this to guide me and encourage me. I would love to see some friend requests soon! Thanks!

Jessica

Replies

• Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Best wishes on your upcoming marriage! Are you on birth control now? From experience, I would recommend that you stay on the pill until after the wedding. When I stopped, I lost a lot of hair and gained a lot of acne because of the testosterone. In short, I was much cuter when I was on the pill, and for my wedding pictures (also taking spironlactone) I had beautiful skin. That does give you a few months to slowly change eating/exercise habits.

Do you have a good relationship with your ob/gyn? Often they will want you to have a year of trying before they give you any assistance, but it varies. Mine let me go just short of that because my periods were few and far between (and no ovulation). I'm also older.

I'd just start taking a prenatal vitamin if you haven't already. Good luck!