Trying to get back on track!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kim061865
    Kim061865 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well just an update! I'm doing really good so far! I feel so much better, and I am not snacking! How are you guys doing?
  • smwiller
    smwiller Posts: 11
    Options
    I am doing 1200 a day.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had RNY in 2009, lost about 170lbs, maintained it for a year, had surgery to remove the skin and lift a few things. I feel like I never fully recovered from that surgery. I am now eating way more than I should, to the point of feeling out of control and I have gained 75 pounds. I am disgusted with myself. My clothes don't fit and I have a hard time finding new clothes. Summer is coming and all I want to do is hide. :(
    I still work out 2 times a week but it isn't enough to combat what I'm eating everyday.
    My skin is stretching and is painful every day.
  • dch0105
    dch0105 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had RNY 2009, lost 135 lbs.; then I had thyroid issues and family issues so I never met my goal weight. I have regained 25 pounds. Recently my fiancé challenged me that I had made too many positive changes for me to let it go now… my first response was a pity party.:explode: Today, I joined a gym, something that I procrastinated with since my RNY, Last night I prepared and pre-packaged lunches for the week. I already know that I have a great tool but the journey will not be easy but with God, determination and support from my fiancé I finally feel it’s attainable. :smile:
  • gorditatoo
    gorditatoo Posts: 1
    Options
    I had an RNY in 2001 and lost 100 lbs. I have slowly gained back 50 of those pounds and have felt that I wasted my chance. But......a friend of mine joined this site and I'm willing to give it a go. What do I have to lose.....oh yeah.....that 50 lbs, plus some more! I just started REALLY counting yesterday, and so far have gone over my limit by about 150 calories, but it's less than I normally would have consumed. I have to encourage myself with the old saying that it took a while to put it on, and it will take a while to get it back off!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    These are such good reasons to be ever mindful of what we put in our mouths. We have all been through too much to go backwards! Best wishes to all who are trying to regain control.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi again..I did the 5 Day Pouch Test and it helped me A LOT! It's 5 days of going back to basics. First 2 days are liquid, 3 day is soft protein, then medium protein, then firm protein. It helped me get back in touch with my hunger and to realized most of my eating has been emotional.
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I also regained - 38 lbs. 3.5 years post RNY. Never got to goal and didn't realize I'd gained so much. Woke up on June 25, I joined here and OH, did the 5-day pouch test (5-day Restart plan), and am logging food and exercise every day. I'm doing so much better. I hope you are too!
  • tmchase1
    tmchase1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I wanted to let you know you got my company on this trek for getting back on track. I never made it to goal either, but I have set a goal weight for myself at 170 lbs. I have set a goal to loose 10 ponds this month. Looking forward to keeping up with this week.
  • MindyMac51
    Options
    That's great, tm. Feels good to get back, doesn't it? Tell us more about your history. Let's all do this and support each other!
  • cherrylf
    cherrylf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this board. I had RNY 1/12/2010. I was able to get to my goal of 170 and my drs. goal of 155. I didn't look good or feel good at 155 being that I am 5"8' and large framed. So I gained back to 170 and didn't seem to stop. I month ago I hired a trainer and detoxed from sugar, found the scale up to 221. Wasn't a fun couple weeks. But it works, I have lost 12lbs this month and haven't starved myself to do it. I can once again feel my pouch and hope I am on the right track. I just want to say that you can loose even after 4 1/2 years. I had been told by a number of people that it was impossible to loose once you had gotten past your honeymoon phase. No I don't loose like I did after surgery. I am now loosing like a person without surgery. I don't have a weight goal this time. My trainer said don't look at the scale look at your measurements and your percentage of fat. It is amazingly true. I may have only lost 12lbs, but i can get into clothes that I wasn't in 25lbs ago. Working with a trainer twice a week and then on my own the rest of the week is changing my body. Really looking forward to getting my measurements done next week.

We can do this.
  • MindyMac51
    Options
    That's great, cherryfl! Your experience is so much like mine, and so many others. Sounds like you're doing really well with your exercise and your food. Are you doing anything special with your diet, or is it mostly back to basics - high protein, low carbs -- protein first, only complex carbs, etc.?