What's your favorite meal when you're home alone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You all eat so healthy when you're home alone! For me, I would eat pancakes every day for dinner.

That's what I was thinking. When I'm alone, my bad eating habits come out. :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    when I am home alone at lunch my favorite thing is to bake a sweet potatoe in the microwave and have a tangelo
    when home alone for dinner a chicken terriyaki bowl with rice broccoli and maybe some cabbage with pineapple and cilantro....YUM
  • j_masher
    j_masher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love to eat Hormel Pepperoni with pepperjack and my Natural Nectar Gluten free cracklebread. lol I can also sit down with a container of button mushrooms and be happy.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    If I have time and ingredients:
    Turkey Veggie Chili = Brown ground turkey, onions, garlic, sauté celery, add par-cooked carrots, peas, broccoli, potatoes-- whatever I have. add a few types of beans and chili seasoning and some chicken broth.

if I am tired, lacking time-- I honestly LOVE a big bowl of Cheerios! (or frosted flakes, Raisin Bran...)

lately- 1 slice Ezekiel Bread, diced apples on top, PB2 mixed to be a little runny- drizzled on top
  • peggiweg
    peggiweg Posts: 2
    Options
    LOL! Home alone? That never happens -- husband and 3 sons so someone is always home and hungry! :o) IF I were home alone, I would grill a tuna steak, grill asparagus, and make a side of pasta with lots of garlic, some butter and parmesan cheese. I would add a glass a Merlot and either a great book or movie. Ahhh. One can dream....
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites that I know not to make when my daughter is home.

italian sausage and spinach risotto

and when it's morel mushroom season, spaghetti squash with a morel mushroom cream sauce
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drizzle a little olive oil on asparagus, squeeze on some lemon, a bit of salt and pepper. In the oven for 20 min at 350, or until desired tenderness. Add a nice, baked chicken breast with a lo cal topping like Smoky Mt. Possum Sauce, and a side salad. Yum.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Corn tortillas (toasted over fire on gas range)
    Green taco sauce
    Thawed frozen spinach
    feta sprinkled on top
    broil for a couple minutes
    This is my go to food after my 6am Zumba class
  • madiken4
    madiken4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yum! I am so trying this, thanks!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    I love eating at home alone because I can choose what I want to eat and log the calories exactly. I am doing the EMTWL method so don't beat myself up too much.

1) Pork chop with fat, broccoli, cauliflower and some potato or scrap the potato and follow with half a Fage yoghurt and some Agave syrup. Vegetables are steamed.

2) Seabass with either soy sauce and ginger or pesto sauce.

3) after playing violin for a show, a Marks and Spencers curry with rice, but I make sure I fit it in with my daily calorie allowance

4) A few squares of REALLY DARK chocolate.... and maybe one glass of red wine....

All sounds rather indulgent but working so far! After a hard evening's exercise and weights I really enjoy a steak....
  • shellsan
    shellsan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually either opt for something fast and simple like breakfast-for-dinner. Occasionally I'll have a stir fry or something DH doesn't enjoy such as polenta with sauteed veggies. Leftovers are great for this also
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My husband is always home but doesn't like salmon so the nights he has a meal which is not to my liking...I have salmon, grilled tomato, grilled asparagus, with 100g of McCain sweet potato chips and 1 tablespoon of hollandise sauce. It does mean cooking too different meals for myself and for the husband and son, but mine takes no time at all.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My husband hates fish and avocados - so I eat baked tilapia, sliced avocado and tomatoes... yum!!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Favorite eat alone meal? That's a tough one. I'll fix anything I like. If I'm really tired or just have an uncontrollable hankering, I'll eat a large bowl of cereal. Since I'm watching my portion sizes, I can't seem to get enough.
    Any meat grilled is good. Stir-fry, Mexican food, Bowl of soup or chili. I could go on forever!!! My newest favorites are grilled Mexican squash (like zucchini, only a little milder in flavor) and grilled pineapple rings.