Ravenous

Options
kelr0110
kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
Okay idk if this is just in my mind or what. But ever since I started consistently doing CrossFit I'm frickin hungry like ALL THE TIMEEEEEEEEE.

I don't track on MFP, I lost 150 lbs on weight watchers points and am still doing that on pen and paper, so I'm doing what i know worked for me in the past but I'm so damn hungry.

Is this why Paleo kind of goes with CrossFit? I'm reading more about it and it says you dont' really count or track but that freaks me out.

Are you ravenous or what? Maybe I just need to eat more bags of broccoli or something...guh.

Thanks in advance for replies.....i dont get what is going on lol

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    If I get enough protein, then I don't get those hunger feelings.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    If I get enough protein, then I don't get those hunger feelings.

it's gotta be it then idk - im doing the same thing i was doing before, but it's not working so well anymore. time to tweak it up apparently.

and all these "help you feel fuller longer" crap doesn't work for me (i.e., chia seeds, etc)

thank you sir!
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that if I don't eat primal/paleo, I am constantly hungry! More protein and more good fats should help.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    thanks - im reading more about the paleo...guess was just nervous to overhaul after the WW thing so long. doesnt hurt to try it :)
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    thanks - im reading more about the paleo...guess was just nervous to overhaul after the WW thing so long. doesnt hurt to try it :)

WW ALWAYS left me hungry. I have found that on paleo (actually, I am more primal because I love me some wine and cheese!), a am lot fuller on less calories.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was ravenous the first week or two, but after my body adjusted to the exercise and I started eating more protein it went away.
  • srgolden
    srgolden Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was eating constanty and not really losing weight until I started eating Paleo. Since January 1 I've lost 19 lbs and I'm not hungry all of the time.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    People say you can get full off just veggies when trying to lose weight, but I remember the days of trying that and it didn't work: I would eat a huge mixing bowl size thing of salad each dinner and be STARVING. Once I started adding egg to it, I was satisfied. I haven't gone full paleo yet, but I'm trying to go "Paleo after 2pm" and it's really helping.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    excellent - thank you for the input everyone, it is much appreciated. started off this morning with a bunch of chicken instead of my usual stuff. going to see how that goes. going shopping today and going to buy some more supplies :)
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I eat constantly. I'm 25 and I suppose my metabolism is still pretty high. However, I eat clean. I'm not strict paleo or anything but I try not to eat too much sugar, junk food or fast food. I just eat alot of good food. For instance for lunch I had 3 grilled chicken breasts and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I'll eat again here in about an hr lol
  • kelr0110
    Options
    I eat constantly. I'm 25 and I suppose my metabolism is still pretty high. However, I eat clean. I'm not strict paleo or anything but I try not to eat too much sugar, junk food or fast food. I just eat alot of good food. For instance for lunch I had 3 grilled chicken breasts and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I'll eat again here in about an hr lol

that is excellent - 3 grilled chicken breasts!!!!!!! i could down that but idk if my metabolism could keep up with yours being a 38 year old female lol. i bought those green giant steam bag thingies for veggies and had the green beans and almonds thing just now - love it. bought some meats and stuff, trying to switch it up. i dont want to have to be jonesing so bad that i go to the stupid vending machine and get crap - i hate my breakdown in discipline sometimes!

i try not to eat processed - generally i am a stickler and read all ingredients for everything, but everyone has their weaknesses i suppose and ill always be battling my former 387 lb self unfortunately that used to down 12 packs of coke and 2 pizzas. it's hard to go from being a binge eater to still trying to eat a lot but not feeling full (i.e., yay salad).