Single and 60

Options
Healthydiner65
Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
I find many challenges being single at 60. No one walk with or understands what I go through daily.Also finding myself talking to myself alot which is challengeing when I am out in public.LOL! Does anyone have ideas about how to over come the solitude?

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    what are your hobbies IWTBFCIN3? You could join a book club, crafting class, fitness class, etc.

I have some acquaintences that get together for girls weekends once or twice a year with their friends, but I find myself with mostly just friendly acquaintences here.......I'd love to be able to travel for a weekend with a group of friends.

It's harder when you're single and the kids are grown. So much of the time, we make friends via our kids activities.

Is there a Parents Without Partners group near you? I've joined that - and that can be fun activites once in a while. I was hoping to make some friends there -- but mostly for this chapter, there are couples already formed or guys who want to date that I'm really not wanting to date. But when they go to karaoke, I try to go because that's a lot of fun -- though I WATCH and LISTEN and don't sing!! lol

There are single groups like Match Up, PWP, and others...........sometimes there are singles groups at churches............I keep meaning to try the church near me because it sounds like what I'd like to attend - even without the single bible study....

I'm just lazy and haven't gotten there.