Anyone try Lifemates??

Options
kimad
kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
So I haven't had much luck on POF, so I tried EHarmony and feel I need something else.

So I had heard about Lifemates and assumed it was another online dating site, it appears to be more a matchmaker service, as you have to meet with a consultant in person.

Not sure on the cost, but am considering giving it a try.

Has anyone else, experiences? thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Huh. Never heard of it....
  • stardustfan
    stardustfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it's solely a Canadian matchmaking company, which might explain why others haven't heard about it.

That being said, yes I've heard about it, and not only do I see the commercials on the television all the time, a friend of mine went to the initial meet and greet with one of their representatives. She drove to the office and met with a representative from the company, and they explained their matching process. They also asked her a bunch of questions, some of which were to be expected, like what she was looking for in a relationship and in a man, others she claims were a bit personal... like asking why her previous relationships failed. After what my friend described as an experiment in high pressure sales tactics (and this girl has gone to time-share presentations), she was told that they would guarantee her a match but it would come at a cost of over 1000$, which includes a photography session.

In the end, she left without signing up... and I'm glad she did. Now I just have to convince her to try online dating, because I've met a great guy that way.
  • kimad
    Options
    I think it's solely a Canadian matchmaking company, which might explain why others haven't heard about it.

That being said, yes I've heard about it, and not only do I see the commercials on the television all the time, a friend of mine went to the initial meet and greet with one of their representatives. She drove to the office and met with a representative from the company, and they explained their matching process. They also asked her a bunch of questions, some of which were to be expected, like what she was looking for in a relationship and in a man, others she claims were a bit personal... like asking why her previous relationships failed. After what my friend described as an experiment in high pressure sales tactics (and this girl has gone to time-share presentations), she was told that they would guarantee her a match but it would come at a cost of over 1000$, which includes a photography session.

In the end, she left without signing up... and I'm glad she did. Now I just have to convince her to try online dating, because I've met a great guy that way.

Thank you for your post. I didn't realize it was just for Canada.
    Sounds like an interesting process, becuase you would hope by the time people tried a matchmaker, they were serious about the process BUT $1000, no thanks. That is alot of money, for anyone, especially a single parent of 2.
    I have been on Eharmony, maybe after 4 months, it's time to try match.com. What site have you been using? (you can message me personally if you would like)
  • go_fast
    go_fast Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've always been suspicious of commercials like that. Here's this guy, average looking at best, who has this gorgeous babe obviously madly in love with him. I see the commercial & think, that doesn't happen much in real life. They seem to be trying to get guys to sign up. & $1000.00+.

No thanks.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are into, but had a girlfriend find her husband on Farmersonly.com, I found a few on there until they started charging more.

And OK Cupid.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are into, but had a girlfriend find her husband on Farmersonly.com, I found a few on there until they started charging more.

And OK Cupid.

There's a Farmersonly.com? Wow, that's cool. Never heard of Lifemates either. I've been on match, eharmony, pof, and one other site I can't remember right now...oddly enough the site I can't remember is the one that worked really well for me. I'm staying away from internet profiles/dating right now.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

And OK Cupid.

There's a Farmersonly.com? Wow, that's cool. Never heard of Lifemates either. I've been on match, eharmony, pof, and one other site I can't remember right now...oddly enough the site I can't remember is the one that worked really well for me. I'm staying away from internet profiles/dating right now.

There's a niche for everything! Dateacowboy.com.... lol I can't laugh to hard though.... I've kind of tried them.

Sad face....kicks rocks.......
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    they have the same thing down in the states. its called "Events and Adventures"

I looked into it couple months after my divorce went through because i heard it on the radio often and thought, hey that sounds perfect!... then i did a little research on the company.

Its suposably a match making and activity planning service that uses high pressure sales tactics and bullys people into an anual contract that usualy ends up costing them a couple grand overall. And on top of that, you still have to pay full price to attend any of the events planned! They have programs in many citys throughout the country so it would not suprise me if its the same company under a different name in Canada...

Definately not for me!
  • stardustfan
    stardustfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I didn't realize it was just for Canada.
    Sounds like an interesting process, becuase you would hope by the time people tried a matchmaker, they were serious about the process BUT $1000, no thanks. That is alot of money, for anyone, especially a single parent of 2.
    I have been on Eharmony, maybe after 4 months, it's time to try match.com. What site have you been using? (you can message me personally if you would like)

Yeh... 1000$ is a crazy amount of money, and it seems that that's low on their rate-scale, some people pay even more for their services. Oh, and did I mention that they asked about her finances... stuff like credit card debt, bank account balances, etc.

I can understand that people who decide to go with a matchmaking company are buying a personalised service (or at least I'd hope they are getting one), but that seems a bit steep. I suppose that's how they can afford all those prime-time television spots.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Pfft....I'm thinking I'll just go with the millionaire matchmaker.... turn $1k into $1M. (TOTALLY KIDDING!). :)

I think the online sites have to do with timing and patience. Right now I'm lacking both, so I pulled my profile down. I might put one up on eHarmony when I'm on post-op since their guided process is so long anyway. But, then again probably not. I don't really want to go on a first date with crutches....real sexy.... LMAO
  • kimad
    Options
    Pfft....I'm thinking I'll just go with the millionaire matchmaker.... turn $1k into $1M. (TOTALLY KIDDING!). :)

I think the online sites have to do with timing and patience. Right now I'm lacking both, so I pulled my profile down. I might put one up on eHarmony when I'm on post-op since their guided process is so long anyway. But, then again probably not. I don't really want to go on a first date with crutches....real sexy.... LMAO

Dating on crutches, lol, you are cute :) hope it all goes well.
  • kimad
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

I went on okcupid today, but I am not sure it would be any better than POF?
    Anyways, I may try out match.com as my eharmony account expires soon.

I agree with 'runinthemud' that it seems to need time and patience, and all happening perfectly.
    It will come, it just can be downright frustrating at times.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....someone agreed with me today? Score! :smile:

I think both sites have good and bad points.

POF - I like that I can block who emails me. You can go into the email settings and block by age, relationship desired, drug use as well as if they've ever messaged other uses for "intimate encounters". That keeps the really old guys from emailing, as well as those just looking for sex.

OKC - I like all of the questions... The percentages give a good idea of who "might" be a good match, however keep your options open. There's a statement within the FAQ stating something about the percentages not really being accurate because not everyone fills out the same questions. Look at the questions that are important to you to get a better idea. :)

Anywho...just my thoughts. I think too much on these things sometimes. :)