Heart Rate Monitors

Options
tdessert
tdessert Posts: 12 Member
Looks like lots of people are using heart rate monitors to figure out calories burned during a CF workout. I think this may just be the best way to go. Any suggestions, advice, recommendations on a good heart rate monitor. I have had one in the past and it never stayed in place. I need something that is going to stay put and be accurate. Would love some recommendations!

Theresa D

Replies

• littlehokie
    Options
    I have had the polar FT7 for 3 years and it's fabulous. Any Polar brand one is good, none of the other brands are as accurate.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have had the polar FT7 for 3 years and it's fabulous. Any Polar brand one is good, none of the other brands are as accurate.

^^This^^
    I got my Polar FT7 early last year and i LOVE it! I actually forget that I am wearing it at times!
    I love being able to track my calories burned too.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 that I bought before I started CrossFit, and it works great. Just make sure you have the band very securely fastened around your ribcage. It bothers me a tad but when I'm doing burpees, but find that the tighter I fasten the strap, the less it bothers me. It's awesome and extremely accurate.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4, but I consider it pretty useless during anything that isn't strict cardio. I know full well that 100 C I burned lifting or doing kettlebells will be a much bigger burn in reality. I think unless you use that information to decide if you can eat more, it isn't useful, and even if you do use it to decide how much to eat, you need to lean to listen to your body better. It was a good tool for a little while, but I haven't touched it in months. Waste of $70, IMO.