Eating before and or after CF workouts

Options
tdessert
tdessert Posts: 12 Member
I do my CF workouts early (6am), and was wondering if I should eat something before I go or wait until after? Being that it is so early I dont really have time to eat or even feel like eating at 5:30 am. Then again, Im definately a breakfast person, so I need a breakfast at some point. Any recommendations for a quick easy breakfast after or before CrossFit workouts?

Theresa

Replies

• artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A protein shake after would make a great breakfast IMO. Are you okay working out without eating anything? If not a banana or toast with peanut butter is usually light enough for me.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I used to CF fasted and I LOVED IT!

Quick post workout meals... breakfast casseroles, protein shakes, bars. The casseroles are great if you're a warm breakfast meat and eggs person. I bake them up on Saturday or Sunday and just zap a slice in the microwave when I'm in a rush.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat too much before a WOD. However, I don't like to be hungry before one either. So I try to eat about 2 or 3 hrs before hand. As far as afterwards goes, it all depends. If its a longer chipper type wod I'm usually to tired to eat or feel queasy. If not then I have no problem eating after a WOD.
  • Pilatesgirl72
    Pilatesgirl72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I go to the 5am class M W F. I do not eat anything beforehand and am just fine to get through the workout. I do make a protein shake when I am finished. Fasted workouts are a good way to burn fat. You should have enough glycogen stores on board fr,om the the previous day to fuel you .