Got tats?

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to convince my sister to get matching Boondock Saints tattoos on our feetsies instead of hands hahaha!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    @ Mike

1. No, actually it didn't hurt.
    2. I don't regret my tattoos at all. The one on my side is visible only at the beach and in the bedroom, and hardly overbearing.

Tattoos are a matter of personal preference. Each of my tattoos represent a life event. Just as a scar has a story, so do my tattoos. I did not get them on a "whim". Each was well thought out and all but one were custom designed. I will not apologize to anyone for what I choose to do with my body. Least not to you.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left foot. Gonna try this picture thing (first time). Will see if it works.

3240513_4067_thumb.jpg
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    @Run. Two questions..

1. Did it hurt to get a tattoo on your side?
    2. How big was your regret after getting such a large, overbearing tattoo like that?

So for the first time in a while I come to this board.
    I stopped frequenting it because I sensed a very negative vibe.... and that's not what I'm on MFP for, you know?
    With that said, what you said up there, Mike, has to be probably one of the rudest things I have ever seen posted.

Unbelievable.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Anyone feel like sharing some that they're considering or have planned?
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options

I really would love a bright flower on the shoulder part where it rounds. I'm not sure how that would look and I'm hesitant to go for it right now. I'm still thinking it over...and over...and over. Just in case. Either that or a flower on my foot (which I know would hurt like hell). It's something for my grandma.

ETA: Also was thinking coordinates to my place of birth.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I really would love a bright flower on the shoulder part where it rounds. I'm not sure how that would look and I'm hesitant to go for it right now. I'm still thinking it over...and over...and over. Just in case. Either that or a flower on my foot (which I know would hurt like hell). It's something for my grandma.

Something like this?

front-shoulder-tattoos-21550739.jpg
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Actually I have one of my Flag (St. Lucia) and around it I want to put my Mum, Dad, older sister and older brother's name or intials around it. They are all deceased and that's my tribute to them.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    @Run. Two questions..

2. How big was your regret after getting such a large, overbearing tattoo like that?

Some people have no class...I'm talking about Mike, Run your tats are awesome!

Something like this?

I really like this!
  • cheerforsteelers
    Options

Actually I have one of my Flag (St. Lucia) and around it I want to put my Mum, Dad, older sister and older brother's name or intials around it. They are all deceased and that's my tribute to them.

Love that! I was thinking of a Russian flag (where my family is from..including me).
  • cheerforsteelers
    Options

Something like this?

Ohhh yes! More like where the purple flower is if it was moved up a little bit. I love the bright colors and want more of that!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    Wow, that's gorgeous! While I'd never put one there myself the colors are amazing! Maybe a mini-version on my ankle? Hmm... :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @Run. Two questions..

So for the first time in a while I come to this board.
    I stopped frequenting it because I sensed a very negative vibe.... and that's not what I'm on MFP for, you know?
    With that said, what you said up there, Mike, has to be probably one of the rudest things I have ever seen posted.

Unbelievable.

Mike, WTF. It's like you won't be happy until everyone leaves Single Peeps because of you.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Love that! I was thinking of a Russian flag (where my family is from..including me).

Ooh, maybe I could get a German flag, I hadn't considered it before... great, add that to the pile! Haha!

My BFF and I want to get matching tattoos for my favorite band, Fair To Midland. Their last album was called Arrows And Anchors and we want to get that on our legs.

I also want to get a gray fox with two fox prints on my back.

The one I want next is the lyric "Are birds of a feather that clever?" being written in fancy writing (haven't decided on font) by a quill, with the tip of the quill exploding out into an unkindness of ravens that are done with this really cool steampunk pattern I found from this amazing artist (have her permission of course). I'd like all that to be on my side/ribs

Suuuuper excited.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This is my first and I plan on getting much more, the flash made it look blotchy for some reason =(

c1216256-1657-459e-96d9-8293cd2f2471_zps95e5fa6b.jpg
    10521a28-6910-45c3-a199-056cfcbea173_zpsda5b7188.jpg
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If I was to have a moment of courage, I'd do this:

0LdeoRD.jpg

To all you lovely, brave, fantastic people, I applaud your creativity. I think tattoos are an awesome way of expressing yourself and a way to remind you of moments in your life. When my grandmother died I almost got a peach rose on my shoulder in memory of her (it was her favorite flower), but I weenied out. I think the above picture is more "me" though...
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I like all of those! I had thought about getting something down my right side.... symmetry and all. However, I haven't been inspired yet... so nothing. :)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    This is my first and I plan on getting much more, the flash made it look blotchy for some reason =(

c1216256-1657-459e-96d9-8293cd2f2471_zps95e5fa6b.jpg
    10521a28-6910-45c3-a199-056cfcbea173_zpsda5b7188.jpg

That doesn't look blotchy to me at all! Whomever your artist is - they are amazing! Kudos!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Wow - some of these are amazing! Tattoos aren't really my style (and I'd be every costume-designer's nightmare for the rest of my career!), so I'm joining Lacroyx, Poncho and Christine for drinks, but some of these are superb - I particularly like the more abstract arty tattoos.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Oops! And Kristen - sorry!