Cheer us on!

Options
Let's get this group back on board! I love that there is a cheerleader group and I'd love to connect with other coaches and get ideas and inspiration from each other while helping each other lose or maintain our weight!!! Let's intro ourselves and keep it goin!

My Name is Katey and I have been a cheerleader since I was 6 years old. I am currently a cheer coach and LOVE what I do. Unforunately, the year of not cheering, i gained more weight that I had ever thought I would and now I can almost not keep up with my cheerleaders! Here's to losing weight to keep up and get back into the spirit of cheer!

Replies

• italiancheer
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Maia and i'm an Italian cheerleader. Yes, even in Italy there are cheerleaders!!
    I've gained weight after an injury during Italian Cheerleading Championship.
    For five month I barely walked without crutches, but now that I've recovered almost completely, I absolutely want to lose weight and meet new cheer friends!
    Please excuse my poor english, but I've studied it only few years at school (my second language is French ^_^)
  • wesleysmom11
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I LOVE this group idea and hope we can make it more active!!
    My short story..My name is Erica... I'm 27, married & mother of a 2 year old son.
    I started cheering in pop warner at age 7... cheered all through pop warner, middle school, high school, all 4 years of college, and once I graduated college landed a head coaching position at a high school about 30 minutes from home. I just finished my 6th year coaching there. I LOVE the world of cheerleading and for 9 months of the year it consumes my life.
    The girls on my squad really look up to me and I want to be a role model for them on a physical level too.. when I was in high school though my cheer coach was an excellent coach it always annoyed me that she was heavier and when things got hard I used to think "I'd like to see her fat butt do this"....I DON'T want my girls to think that -ever!
    My goal is 30-40lbs which would bring me back to about the weight I was junior year of college, right before I started putting weight on.
    Baby steps first --- if there's anything we know from being cheerleaders/coaches it's "progression" right? :)