One Step Closer to Surgery Day....

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 576 Member
Insurance approval took only 2.5 wks............

One Step Closer....pre-op appt scheduled for next Wednesday!! We will be setting the surgery date then, signing all the paperwork, going over pre-op diet once more for any remaining questions and any other details that need wrapping up.....

Just wondering.... how long after your pre-op appt was YOUR surgery date?? How many days was your pre-op diet?

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    YAY!

To answer your question since I'm going to Mexico, there is no preop appointment.. You fill all the paperwork out and medical history etc.. then the doctor calls you on the phone with questions or instructions if you need to have more labs done and sent to them before arriving in mexico. Then the morning of surgery they draw all your blood, have you sign the papers and you do testing etc.
  • elimin8thew8
    elimin8thew8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My surgeon was scheduling about 2-4 weeks out after Insurance approval, but due to a cancellation, I was able to have surgery only 4 days after the Pre-Op appt (8 days out from my Insurance Approval). That also cut my pre-op liquid diet from 14 days to 4.5 days.

Good Luck to you!
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did the liquid diet for two weeks. I think it may have made the rest of the process easier, as my stomach was used to not taking in solids. At the same time, I did well until the end...then I got a little cranky!
    Good luck and have a great success to share with all of us!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I get my surgery date tomorrow.........I am so excited!!! :love: