frusterated!!

Options
hi all,

ive been dieting on a good schedule since the first of the year. i had one slip on in january (planned) for my anniversary, and since i was just under 12 pounds lost i decided to let myself eat a little bit for super bowl. i ate a good salad right before the game so that i didn't over eat. all i had was chips and dips, and of course off of my diet but i didnt eat a lot. i gained over 3 pounds!!!! now 5 days later im still wearing an extra one and have not slipped up at all. its so demotivating and im starting to feel like every time i have a little slip up im going to gain all of my weight back. anyone else deal with this?

Replies

• Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would avoid the scale for a while... it simply IS just a number and eating healthy reaps more rewards than just losing weight. Your weight may not change but your muscle/fat ratio may, or the actual measurements of your figure may change (for the better, of course!)

Plus, as women, our weight fluctuates A LOT (biology is totally against us at our age.) If I weighed myself daily, I'd go mad. I stick to once a week, same day & same time(ish)

I also find that, if I slip up it usually is just for the day, when i figure out my weekly goals, i'm still in the ball park for weight loss.

Just try not to stress, keep fighting the good fight and remember, your FH loves you just the way you are. He's just waiting for YOU to realize how awesome and hot you are! xoxox
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    What Bunniculette said ...

I can have days of going up .. for no reason and suddenly lose a kg overnight that stays off. THen have a week of slow movement down, and then a sudden big number again.

Hormones, a salty meal, constipation all affect the scale number. I love graphing mine because I love stats, but I have to keep my chin up when the weight does go up for no reason. Don't worry, all your good effort will pay off.

I also wonder if we lose weight in different places at different times. I had no real loss off my bust but 10cm off my waist over 2 months. Suddenly I've lost 3cm in a week off my bust but my waist measurement hasn't changed for 3 weeks. I know my hips are changing as well as my pants keep slipping down LOL
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My body has the worst fluctuations. The scale is VERY negative. It's all a mind game! I found that salt, even a little from chips or pretzles, stays with me for days. I hate water more than anything but it's the thing that helps me the most. Please don't get discouraged. There's no such thing as "you just CAN'T lose the weight". There is always a way. Take accountability for the stuff you put in your face, lol. There are hidden evils as well!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I agree about the salt Spicy. I've been sticking to my calories, doing my exercise and happily losing nice amounts on the scale. Then BANG overnight I put on almost 2kg ... I'd be happy if I knew it was from pigging out .. but not happy knowing I've been good! ... But I did have a small packet of chips the day before and just hoping those scales will budge tomorrow (Wednesdays is the only day I actually "count" my weight loss .. I expect ups and downs each day). Having graphed past weight losses as well I do know how much hormones play ... so lets hope that's it as well :D LOL