Meal plan &Tell us what your eating or post picture

Options
bdhu2001
bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
I've never followed the meal plan. I simply shoot for 1200 calories and end up eating 1400 - 1600. But the plan does give great ideas.
Here's link to meal plan, if you're interested:
wk 1 http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/pdfs/WH_DD_week1.pdf
wk 2 http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/pdfs/WH_DD_week2.pdf
wk 3 http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/pdfs/WH_DD_week3.pdf
wk 4 http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/pdfs/WH_DD_week4.pdf

Replies

• stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded the above menus.....like you said, some great ideas to help stick within the calorie range. Thanks!
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my calories between 1200-1400 per day
  • bdhu2001
    Options
    That works perfect, because we often have that last treat that pushes us over or we underestimate or calories and portions.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That works perfect, because we often have that last treat that pushes us over or we underestimate or calories and portions.

This is soooo true and is always my downfall. Especially once I get home from work. A nibble here, a taste there, really adds up!
  • bdhu2001
    Options
    2-26-13:Today I had a blueberry protein shake for breakfast. My plan is Turkey avocado salad with tea for lunch and carrot, apple protein shake for dinner. For a snack I had Fiber One Fiber bar. I'll post tomorrow and tell you if I stuck to it or what I added. I'm hoping that putting it out there before hand, will keep me more accountable.
  • bdhu2001
    Options
    2-26-13:Today I had a blueberry protein shake for breakfast. My plan is Turkey avocado salad with tea for lunch and carrot, apple protein shake for dinner. For a snack I had Fiber One Fiber bar. I'll post tomorrow and tell you if I stuck to it or what I added. I'm hoping that putting it out there before hand, will keep me more accountable.

I stuck with it after posting, but the liquid as my last meal had me waking up all night to use the restroom. Yesterday my plan was to have the same meals, but to switch my turkey avocado salad for dinner. Instead I had a blueberry protein shake for breakfast,. Turkey avocado salad for lunch and oatmeal mixed with flaxseeds, almonds, blueberries and soy milk for dinner. I also had 5 ginger snaps( 1 serving) for after dinner snack and almonds for late night snack. I kept to the fiber one bar for morning snack. When I woke up this morning, the scale had changed by 2 lbs. My total calories yesterday was 1419.

My plan is to eat the same thing today as I did yesterday. I'll let you know what the morning scale shows tomorrow.
  • bdhu2001
    Options

I stuck with it after posting, but the liquid as my last meal had me waking up all night to use the restroom. Yesterday my plan was to have the same meals, but to switch my turkey avocado salad for dinner. Instead I had a blueberry protein shake for breakfast,. Turkey avocado salad for lunch and oatmeal mixed with flaxseeds, almonds, blueberries and soy milk for dinner. I also had 5 ginger snaps( 1 serving) for after dinner snack and almonds for late night snack. I kept to the fiber one bar for morning snack. When I woke up this morning, the scale had changed by 2 lbs. My total calories yesterday was 1419.

My plan is to eat the same thing today as I did yesterday. I'll let you know what the morning scale shows tomorrow.
    I lost another pound when I weighed on the 3-1-13 and a few ounces when I weighed on 3-2-13. Changed eating on 3-2-13 and no movement this morning on 3-3-13. Since we have official weigh in tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll finally be down from the extra weight gain that I did since joining the site July 2012. That's the great thing about the progress section of this site, it shows progress from last weigh in, but also overall progress.
  • bdhu2001
    Options
    Last week I ate between 1300 to 1600 calories. I mainly stayed in the 1400 range. I'm motivated to see what happens this week. I update my meals after 2:00 p.m. when I've gotten most of my exercise out of the weigh and I'm pre-entered my dinner and late snack. I'm getting better with entering my meals the night before or first thing in the morning. Sometimes I change meals and have to edit, but it still saves time and is motivating. Getting that little message from fitness pal that states what you'll weigh in 5 weeks if you keep doing what you're doing keeping me moving in the right direction.