Hello from a newbie

Options
nzfoxz
nzfoxz Posts: 14 Member
Hi all,

I've been reading about this, and reading some of your posts for a while. Like lots of others I've been too scared to go into the free weights room for a while, but this morning I did it! Got a trainer to take me through technique and show me the big bars etc. So yay, for finally doing it!

Just wondering if there's anyone here who used to do, or has done, bodypump style classes? This has been my favourite for a while, and I'm trying to convince myself 5x5 will give me better results and be better for my strength. Would love to hear anyone else who is a bodypump lover who has become a 5x5 convert! I've got pretty good results from pump - only been going a month but have seen decent muscle gains, definite strength gains etc. I guess I'm scared that if I switch to 5x5 now, my good progress will come to a halt....please tell me I'm wrong! :) Sidenote: I also play a sport which involves 2 hrs of training, 3 days a week, so weights is in addition to that, trying to increase my strength to be a stronger player.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, I think you'll love it when you give it a chance! I've never done body pump, so I have no advice there. And I think someone else in the group does roller derby (I think? Maybe I'm crazy...)