dominos twisted dough balls

Options
Trying to figure out how many calories are in domino's dough balls.
They're my favourite side, but the internet seems to think a portion is 1600 cals (which is more than the pizza!)
However, my logic is, a regular slice of large pizza hut cheese and tomato is 156 cals, and a cheesy bites one 262.
There's usually 2-3 cheesy bites on a slice, and I would say that 2 or 3 cheesy bites are essentially the same thing as a twisted dough ball.
So if 2.5 cheesy bites only add 110 cals, I think it's safe to assume that that's how many calories the cheesy bites themselves are. So if this is the case, I can't see how Domino's similar item can be over double the calories?

And no, the information is not on their website.
Any thoughts?

If the dough balls really are that high calorie, I'm completely shocked, that is ridiculously high even for a take away, considering it's a starter! And tiny! In what world should a starter be more calories than the main dish?! And if they are that high this information should be freely available!

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    bump? ):
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    bump :sad:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I've never bought them, but I'd be surprised if they were 1600 cals provided they are I assume lighter (in mass) than a pizza which is 1600 cals too.
    Maybe try to find how many calories a cheese pizza is by weight (it's dough & cheese too), and figure out how many calories the twisted dough balls are by weighing them as well (they're probably similar to lots of small cheese pizza?)... perhaps add 20% to that number to be on the safe side.

Or maybe just skip the twisted dough balls altogether if you don't know how many cals they are and it is important for you to know. I've boycotted food in the past for that reason.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    yeah see that's what I was doing with my pizza hut maths :L
    I'll try the weighing thing next time though!

I'm wondering if I could call the store and ask, doubt the franchise would have the info though if the website doesn't
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if they had the info.
    Weighing is great for approximations.
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone still cares but I was looking for this the other day...seems RIDICULOUSLY low, but:

http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=5462270
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I don't think you can count it as it's an American entry and therefore could be a different recipe altogether.