Season 3: Mid-Season Premiere

Options
whiteheaddg
whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
***SPOILERS BELOW***

What did everyone think?

Overall, I think it was a pretty solid episode. Lots of unfounded angst over the departure of Daryl, but it should be obvious that he won't be gone for long. Rick's descent into madness will be interesting provided the writers don't make it too cartoonish. Folks familiar with the comics (I'm not) have mentioned that Tyreese ends up playing a major role. I like how they are developing the character so far with a strong moral center. I have no words for Andrea - just dumb. Writers need to do better explaining how she is giving The Governor so many chances after all she has seen.

Replies

• cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My thoughts....

Daryl needs his head examined... - biting the hand that has fed you

Rick needs his head examined... - crazy

Andrea needs her head examined... - dillusional

Governor needs his head examined... - sociopath

Can we get a shrink on the show for all of them? lol.

My favorite part was (as I'm watching the scene where the walker gets the Woodbury resident - and both are shot), my 10 yeard old pipes up from at the end of the bed:

"Mommy, that zombie didn't finish his meal"...lmao. Kids say the darndest things. All I could do was agree.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I actually knew the Dixon brothers would head off on their own. For those who think this is temporary consider checking out my post regarding the Walking Dead video game. It revolves around the Dixon brothers, which pretty much means they will run this course until at least season 4
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I may be way off on this but I think that Merle may end up being an alli of the group.
  • whiteheaddg
    Options
    I may be way off on this but I think that Merle may end up being an alli of the group.

There will need to be some FANTASTIC writing if they are going to turn Merle into a sympathetic character that is accepted by the group.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options

There will need to be some FANTASTIC writing if they are going to turn Merle into a sympathetic character that is accepted by the group.

That's an easy one. Daryl and Merle make there way back to the prison, on the way Daryl coaxes Merle into some soul searching, maybe in his actions, showing how much better he became while with the group. Upon arrival they find the Governors troops storming the prison. The Governor is about to land the death blow to Carl or someone else important but in a weakened state when Merle kills the Governor and saves the life. From there will be the awkward tense integration period that would last most of season 4. Done
  • devan44
    Options

That's an easy one. Daryl and Merle make there way back to the prison, on the way Daryl coaxes Merle into some soul searching, maybe in his actions, showing how much better he became while with the group. Upon arrival they find the Governors troops storming the prison. The Governor is about to land the death blow to Carl or someone else important but in a weakened state when Merle kills the Governor and saves the life. From there will be the awkward tense integration period that would last most of season 4. Done

I agree with this. I don't think he'll be readilly accepted at all but eventually I think he'll end up in the group.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I bet Daryl will be back in 2 episodes max.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    To bring him back in 2 episodes would completely mess up the video game they are going to try to sell you soon, I say he's out for the rest of the season, he and Merle will have their own sub plot going the whole time though so it won't be like we won't see him. It's actually pretty genius if you think about it. In season 2 they really only focused on one group which meant entire episodes dedicated to Glenn going shopping. Now you have three, possibly four story lines going on which means you can bounce between them all and keep the stories shorter but moving quicker
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I'm about 95% sure you're right from what I've been reading!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I'd be more inclined to like Merle if he waits til after Carl is done in by the governer, than takes care of business.

However, part of me like to beleive that Merle is going to bail on Daryl in sticky situation, causing Daryl to go back to his new family. I think Merle is just meant to be a big doucher!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I think Merle is going to do something to piss Daryl off, like killing an innocent or being overly aggresive. Either that or he'll die. I doubt the writters will make him part of the group. But who knows?
  • whiteheaddg
    Options
    To bring him back in 2 episodes would completely mess up the video game they are going to try to sell you soon, I say he's out for the rest of the season, he and Merle will have their own sub plot going the whole time though so it won't be like we won't see him. It's actually pretty genius if you think about it. In season 2 they really only focused on one group which meant entire episodes dedicated to Glenn going shopping. Now you have three, possibly four story lines going on which means you can bounce between them all and keep the stories shorter but moving quicker

Maybe the video game is meant as Dixon Bros back story. Concur with above poster - numerous spoiler sites reporting Daryl reunification sooner rather than later. Regarding an earlier post - Merle just won't work as part of the group. The writers have worked too hard making him a despised character. If they try and rewrite him to be just some rough-around-the-edges guy with a good heart it would be just too false - no one would buy it.
  • devan44
    Options
    I'd be more inclined to like Merle if he waits til after Carl is done in by the governer, than takes care of business.

Oh God don't tell me Carl dies!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    I'll accept Merle more if Brody shows up and stink palms him. If this reference is lost on you, you are dead to me