Weekly Chat thread Mon 2-11 to Sun 2-17

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
Happy Monday ladies!! I'm just about back on track with my schedule after having an extra rest day in the first week of my schedule, so today will be day 12: Fire 55ez! Not my favorite from the one time I've done it, but maybe I'll like it more now? I duno, we'll see :smile: It's super early here (just before 6am) so no time to chat more- I need to go get ready for work. Later ladies!

Replies

• KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today was W6D1 for me, so that means TF55 EZ also. I can say that this morning was the first time I have been able to make it through the entire video without the need to hit the pause button for fear I was going to pass out. LOL I kept up with Chalene step for step except for a couple short periods when I needed to go low impact to get my heart rate down a little. I also realized that since I made it through the video that today it came up a few notches on my favorites list. It started at the bottom. I guess one would call this progress. Have a great day!
  • cutieg
    Options
    Hey today is day 1 for me!!! im going to do my work out after work.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The start of week 14 for me. I'm supposed to do fire 60/stretch 10, but my dvd keeps skipping!!?!? :explode: I've only used it 2xs and it worked fine and was an awesome workout. There are no visible scratches, but I tried it on my dvd player and the ps3, with the new to class option, music turned up and normal and it is a no go! :sad:
    I'm going to try it again later, but might be substituting with a different days workout or a combo of hiit and fire.
  • Starlage
    Options
    @cutieg- have fun!!!

@wilson, hoping the 55ez moves up on my likes list too! :smile: I think i'm just too addicted to the fast paced hyper routines, so the slower 55ez wasn't as fun to me. But maybe it'll be different today!

@tawnie. Confusing, I know. LOL. So, I get got weird on my schedule, because the VERY FIRST DAY I counted as my second day because I had just had a rest day the day before, so I crossed my rest day off for that week. Then that weekend I had an extra rest day because of the superbowl... so I got all weird and wasn't exercising on the "right" days. If I were following day to day as the calendar tells me to, today would be another rest day, but I just had a rest day Wed... so I just crossed it off and went to day 12 (will count that as my extra day off I guess? So I've got 7 days of workouts in front of me with a rest day, so I'm back on track now I think! LOL. Bascially though I exercise 6 days a week an hour or so at a time with WED as my rest day, and that doesn't follow the calendar beacuse I started in the middle of the week.... :smile: and a couple of times i've deviated from the calendar and done what I wanted to do, but still crossed that day's workout off. I figure as long as I'm doing SOMETHING 6 days a week, it's not the end of the world if I don't stick directly to the calendar. I also add things sometimes to total an hour of exercise.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I finally got my Polar FT7 in today!! I'm so excited. I used it today for the first time, and it's great - turns out I was burning more calories than I thought!
    I did Fire 45EZ + Stretch10 today, for a total of 502 calories :)
  • Starlage
    Options
    Wow, big burn! Isn't it fun getting an HRM :smile:

So, I enjoyed the 55ez more this time than I did last time! Good little workout.
  • crystallight711
    Options
    Well today was frustrating. My beachbody coach is looking into getting me a replacement dvd, but I originally ordered the set through groupon so I don't know if she can get me one?! I guess I'll be substituting Fire 60 with something else until I can get my hands on new copy. :cry: Fire 60 was freaking awesome too!
    I did not get a chance to workout at all today - too many errands, our new fridge broke (less than 1 month old) , tax appt, and a very sick kid who tested + for strep & the flu. I had wanted Thursday to be my rest day this week because I work all day and had wanted more time to celebrate Valentine's with the hubby. Oh well, I've got to roll with the punches to stay on schedule and I will kill my workout tomorrow.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    @butterflycz so sorry to hear that, now I'm thinking I should check the rest of my dvds. It shouldn't matter that you got them with a Groupon deal, they still came from Beachbody so they should still honor their return/exchange policy. Also that's (sorta) funny about your fridge, only because mine broke down a month after I got it also. Thank goodness its still under warranty.
  • Starlage
    Options
    aww that sucks butterfly!! The more dvds I use the more I realize my set's a little wonky too. I've used about half of the set and some of them won't work in the music fired up option- I put it on that and the sound disappears. Two dvds are swapped- the hiit 30 and fire 60. They work fine but somehow the labels got swapped. At first that made me think that maybe they were a ripped copy, but comparing the set I got to the fire 45 I already had from an original set, the disk looks the same, so I think it was a beachbody mistake. Oh well, I'm glad they work fine. Good luck!! I'd complain to customer service if I were you.
  • kisercrew6
    kisercrew6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did 55 ez this morning & worked up a major sweat! I have a body media arm band and find that if I work hard my average burn is about 10 cal/ minute. Is that comparable to what others are seeing with their hr monitors?

I hope you are able to get your DVD replaced butterfly. I got mine from groupon too, so hopefully they'll still honor their policy.

I had a great NSV this week. I have always disliked having my picture taken, and am now finding that I have very few pics of me & my kids :(. I'm trying to make myself stop hiding from the camera, and this weekend I did. I had 2 pics taken of me with my kids & I actually liked them! It feels good to like the way I look!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Starlage
    Options
    kiser- ditto. my bmf gives my 8 to10 a minute during the most active parts of turbofire if I'm working really hard :smile: for example, yesterday when I did 55ez I burned about 465 cals
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm in week 3. did Low HIIT 25 today. I'm still loving it! I've missed one or two here and there but I'm trying to just keep going. AND it is starting to get a bit easier which is nice
  • crystallight711
    Options
    I had fire 45 ez and lower 20 today. I also did CLX burn circuit 1, the bonus found on the sculpt/tone dvd. It was a great workout day! I really love 45 ez now and I used to despise it!
  • crystallight711
    Options
    I saw this on Chalene and Turbofire facebook page. They said as long as you have your pictures ready you can enter no matter when you started the program and it is open to all residents of US & Canada (except Quebec). There will be a big announcenment when the contest opens next week.
    I say challenge accepted! Anyone else particpating?

DID YA HEAR?!?!

We are hosting a 90-day Challenge Starting VERY soon! Get your kits today so you can participate with us! Every entrant (Submit all Day 1, 30, 60 and 90 photos) get a free TurboFire Water Bottle, and our Grand Prize winner gets $250 worth of Apparel!! :)http://beachbodysocial.com/lJ0
  • Starlage
    Options
    @butterfly, I may enter! We'll see how it goes. I wonder if you have to subit photos all at once or as you go? I'm only two weeks in and while I FEEL stronger, i haven't seen many visual changes yet. But yeah. Free contest? Why not! Then again, I'd want to read the fine print about giving them my photos, I don't want that to mean that you're releasing them to use as they please.

I was supposed to do Core 20 and Streth 40 today, but since tomorrow's my rest day I didn't feel like the stretch 40's necessary right now so I did HIIT 30 and Core 20 :smile: My abs and legs are feelin' it!!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I feel better my muscle seems to have recovered so I did CLX burn 3 and fire 30 on mon and today I was to do fire 55 ez but I don't enjoy that one as much so I did fire 60 instead just skipped the last 2 fire drills. (to make it more like fire 55) I am REALLY sore. Like I told my hubby I am very aware of my leg muscles :) My neck and arms feel fine so I think i am back :) Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Starlage
    Options
    Rest day today! Perfect day for it too, I woke up with a migraine (boo) and I'm working an hour OT tonight.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    yeah, my rest day too, but I picked up Jillian Michael's kickboxing workout at the library, so I think I'll try that tonight, especially since my library only allow you to check out a dvd for a week and I need to return it.
  • Starlage
    Options
    Good 'ol Fire 45 today!! Love that one! Today's my 14th day of turbofire, officially two weeks DONE!!
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 4 today! I've lost 2.5 kg and 2 inches off my waist so far! I'm feeling a bit of burn out (I have two computer monitors and on a particularly bleh day I've been watching tv on one side with Chalene on mute on the other, lol) I'm persevering though, my body is changing, I haven't seen my stomach look like this since my early twenties!