ok here goes

Options
cjlorigan
cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
I'm heading to the gym after work tonight to start the 5 x 5 program. I'm scared to death! I already use the treadmill, about day 13 into 30ds and use the weight machines with no problems. What I'd like to know is how to get over this irrational fear of the free weights. Hubby is coming with me (he already lifts) so I'll have him there to help me through it but I'm still scared!!

Any advice?

Replies

• a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You just have to go do it!

Think of it as popping your weighlifting cherry, lol. It really isn't so bad once you get in there and figure out what the heck you are doing. After like my second session, I could confidently walk in there like I owned the place and get right to my workout. It will help that your husband is there - mine wasn't when I tried it out for the first time. You will do great!
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Omg lmao!!!! I just literally spit soup at the computer screen!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Having your husband there will be a huge help. When I first started I got some tips from some friends who lift and brought a friend who was new to lifting with me. It was scary at first but now I love being the only girl over with all the guys who are lifting. it's a great feeling to feel so strong! You can do it, just try your best!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Go you!

Start with the bar and focus on your form and you will be golden! It's so awesome that your husband will be there with you to ease your anxiety also!

Good luck!