not shifting the weight!

Options
hon3yd0g
hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
ive lost 3 stone since the birth of my daughter a year ago.i now seem to have stopped losing,i run do weights,yoga etc.sometimes im below my calories,but i cant seem to start shifting the weight again!any advice please?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 3 stone!

Perhaps you need to mix things up a bit if you are stuck in a rut?
    Exercise - if you stick to the same routine it no longer challenges you. Maybe run shorter distance at higher speed? Add rowing or elliptical for cardio that works more muscles.
    Are you making progress with your weight training? Very hard to after a while at a calorie deficit? Set yourself some targets or challenges. Change your routine every month.

Food - maybe try changing your calories to closer to maintenance for a few weeks? Calorie cycling? 5:2 diet?
  • hon3yd0g
    Options
    hi,yeah ive started doing weights now.mfp has also upped my calories so hoping it works.thank u for advice!:smile:
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah its an odd one as sometimes the temptation is to keep cutting cals but actually adding them on can give your body a jolt to starts burning fat etc. Small tweaks and tracking helps, Well done btw, you've had excellent results so far!
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of suggestions which may help. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. Personally I find it harder to remember to drink water etc in the winter when its cold, but we still need lots of fluid to stay hydrated.

The other suggestion is to mix up your meals. Try foods you don't normally eat, and try out a few different recipes to bring a bit of new variety to your diet.
  • hon3yd0g
    Options
    thank you for the advice.will try some of these tips:smile: