Why might Christians become discouraged and lose heart?

Options
I was reading today's Bible study and it addresses one particular area in my life that I am struggling with. The question is 'Why might Christians become discouraged and lose heart? How did you answer this question? My answer is,"Because I find it so difficult to live up to Christ's expectations. I feel like I let Him down more that I make Him proud." How do we get to a place in life that we feel we make Christ proud of us? I don't mean in the 'pride' way, I mean in a way that He would say to us, "Well done".

I love to encourage others. I believe that is why I am here...to be a Barnabas. Very little makes me feel better. When encouraging others I feel I am 'getting it'. But what about when I fail to respond or answer in a Christ-like way? I am practicing, but I am just not where I need to be.

Your thoughts?

Replies

• DianeBH
    DianeBH Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie,
    I am reading Week 5 day 1 today and finally saw that questions - "Why might Christians become discouraged and lose heart"?
    For me, I think the very 1st sentence on p56 answers that question...
    "MOTIVATION is the key to not growing wearly".
    I know that when we are PHYSICALLY meeting for FP4H, I am much more motivated and it's just great to get together with others to share about our weeks, successes, and even sometimes failures, but when we meet & discuss & motivate one another, somehow even the failures don't seem as bad... Also, I think that since I have left the work-force, I don't "mingle" as much as I could/should, so that lack of friendship & work relationships has hendered me some in the area of motivation as well...
    SO THANKFUL for the Tues/Thurs excercise class that we have going on - it's just fun to get together with other ladies in this type of environment where we have more time to talk, laugh, encourage, etc. <3