Team Bob- week 6 challenge

Options

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Still feeling meh...but...I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow at 8 am!! Let's see what happens! I'm scared!
    Wow, bright and early with a trainer.. great job! I hope you get to feeling better. All of that stress must be overwhelming. Sending you a long distance ultra relaxing aromatherapy massage to relax you!:wink:
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Still feeling meh...but...I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow at 8 am!! Let's see what happens! I'm scared!

How did it go?
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, bright and early with a trainer.. great job! I hope you get to feeling better. All of that stress must be overwhelming. Sending you a long distance ultra relaxing aromatherapy massage to relax you!:wink:

Hahaha...thanks Mimi!
  • mazarith
    Options

How did it go?

It was awesome! She really helped...I've been afraid of all the free weights and we did that. I did the kettle balls, which I was so excited about!
  • mazarith
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day all! I am feeling better today, did a ton of new stuff this morning with the personal trainer followed by arc machine & then zumba! Yay!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day all! I am feeling better today, did a ton of new stuff this morning with the personal trainer followed by arc machine & then zumba! Yay!

Gee Mazarith.. you kicked butt today!:tongue: I love the feeling of after a good workout. The pain during I could do without, but afterward there is such a great feeling. I am glad you are feeling better today! Happy Valentines Day!:heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I am having a rather stressful day so far today. My friend, carrielynn62, called me at 5am and let me know her young son-in-law was just rushed to the hospital unable to move or speak. At fist the hospital was thinking it was maybe a stroke or seizure but they have now found out it was a brain anurism (spelling?) and he is fortunate to be alive. He is having a scope go up in his brain right now and I guess we will know more later. That stress and a party with young children surrounding me with sweets. :grumble: I am thankful however that the young man is alive.

I am determined to still find the joy in this day. It is always there to be found... sometimes you just have to look a bit harder for it. I messed up eating some of the sweets today, but I am not going to use that as an excuse to ruin the entire day. I am way to determined for that!!:smile:

Do you guys have any Valentines plans for today? :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options

How did it go?

It was awesome! She really helped...I've been afraid of all the free weights and we did that. I did the kettle balls, which I was so excited about!

That's what I wanted out of my personal trainer session. Instead he just showed me some of the machines that I already knew how to do. I am glad that your trainer showed you something new. Over and over again research shows that confusing our bodies is just what we need to get results. Proud of you gal!
  • bokatok
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I love the Kettle bells. That is one of my most favorite things! I really want to try one of those ARC trainers you guys keep doing.
  • bokatok
    Options
    I am having a rather stressful day so far today. My friend, carrielynn62, called me at 5am and let me know her young son-in-law was just rushed to the hospital unable to move or speak. At fist the hospital was thinking it was maybe a stroke or seizure but they have now found out it was a brain anurism (spelling?) and he is fortunate to be alive. He is having a scope go up in his brain right now and I guess we will know more later. That stress and a party with young children surrounding me with sweets. :grumble: I am thankful however that the young man is alive.

I am determined to still find the joy in this day. It is always there to be found... sometimes you just have to look a bit harder for it. I messed up eating some of the sweets today, but I am not going to use that as an excuse to ruin the entire day. I am way to determined for that!!:smile:

That is some really tough news to get. I hope he pulls through this. I have only known one person, personally, that went through that and she came out ok. :) I will keep her family in my thoughts.
  • mazarith
    Options

That is terrible to hear. I'll be thinking of her and her family, what a rough time for them all.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Carrielynn62's son-in-law is in surgery right now. The surgery is going to last 3 - 6 hours. Carrie has been sleeping at the hospital and hasn't left her daughter's side. I know she must be exhausted.

I am so happy it is Friday! On the weekends I get more time to exercise and try new recipes.

I have done o.k. on our weekly challenge so far but I am not making 100%. Yesterday I totally lost track of my food diary/calories. I should be able to hit everything else in the challenge.

I am excited to have our weekend challenge coming up!!
  • 6mimi
    Options

[/quote]

I love the Kettle bells. That is one of my most favorite things! I really want to try one of those ARC trainers you guys keep doing.
    [/quote]

Arc trainers are an interesting machine. They are a little like the elliptical but the movement is different. It offers a good burn. Carrielynn62 got kettlebells for a birthday present. It came with a dvd. She absolutely loves it! Is there a gym in your area bokatok that you can try a arc machine to see how you like it?
  • mazarith
    Options
    Took the day off!! Can't believe how sore I am today!! Going out for valentine's tonight...sushi & registering at Macy's!! Wheeee!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Took the day off!! Can't believe how sore I am today!! Going out for valentine's tonight...sushi & registering at Macy's!! Wheeee!!

Sore from your big workout with the trainer? It sounds like you have a fun night in store for you! I hope you have a blast! Have some sushi for me!:bigsmile:
  • hanginrailranch
    hanginrailranch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hmmm...kettlebellying???? funny, I just read an article about kettle bells...might just have to try it...thanks for the motivation.
  • hanginrailranch
    hanginrailranch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back form a vacation...I was able to get several days of good walks in the warmer weather and since my return home...my hubby walked with me on Valentines Day and I had a great walk again today...I was thinking I needed to add a new workout as well...this challenge will get me to find one...I am logging in daily and since feeling better, my exercise has cranked up...
    thanks team Bob for the ongoing support!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    You are doing so great Judy! I am very proud of you friend! I am happy you are home safely from your big trip! You keep up your good work.... You are doing this!! GOoooooooo Judy!:tongue:
  • mazarith
    Options
    Ugh. Very busy day, didn't work out today. That is terrible!! Two days in a row! And for the record, legs are STILL SORE from the trainer workout. Busy day tomorrow, but am still going to get a workout in, dang it.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I know it feels so odd when we don't workout because we have made that a wonderful habit in our life, but it really is fine to have some rest days in there. :smile: Your legs probably needed some rest to rebuild your muscles since they were still sore from the trainer. I'll bet you will be getting in a workout tomorrow. You are doing fab-u-lous!!