Season 3 - Episode 10 "Home" (02/17/13)

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 02/17/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-310-the-walking-dead-home

Trailer from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tnszp9RR8XU

Replies

• Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Can someone say walkerbomb! The gov wasn't playing he had his team ready blasting and team rick was off guard smh! .Poor Axel why they do him like that?
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The results are in: Axel took a clean sniper shot to the head. quick and painless. poor guy. I reall liked him.

Great episode. Glad Daryl is back.

The Walker Bomb Truck was cool. Nice idea.

Glenn blew it as a leader. They should have sent two people over there to keep an eye on the situation. Instead they holed up in the prison without anyone even on guard duty at times.

What did you guys think?
  • peterdt
    Options
    who has the upper hand now? woodbury or the prison? In terms of numbers of fighters they look pretty equal. but Rick has the better figthers overall. tougher. but I'd say they are close to equal even though woodbury has the larger number of people, most of them can't fight and the ones that can don't have the prison groups experience.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I think the prison has the upper hand now. The Governor's attack was sneaky and came as a total surprise. But he didn't wait to kill all the Prison group off. He assumed the walkers would do it and little does he know when they cleared the prison, they killed off way more walkers. What he did was unite a splintered group against a common enemy (i.e. Woodbury) so that's bad news for him. Also, there's now Daryl, Michonne, Merle, Rick (if he's still not in Crazytown), Maggie, and Glenn...all seasoned fighters whereas Woodbury seems to have people who can man guard posts, but we haven't seen them show the kind of skills the prison group has.

I liked Axel. He was funny. I couldn't believe how the prison group only managed to get one of the Woodbury team killed. They fired so many shots and only killed one man who was in the guard tower. How did he get there anyway? Ugh. That was annoying. They're usually such good shots and they came across as newbies learning to handle a gun for the first time.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    harder to return fire when you're being fired upon by automatic weapons. The walkers are easier, since they don't take cover. :wink: :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    Haha..that's true.. but then again the Governor wasn't moving, neither was the guy on the watchtower. They should have been easy targets. Maybe not for me but surely for Maggie and Carol. I did like the scene where Michonne ran through the field cutting down walkers.

I'm so tired of Rick being crazy. Other people have lost loved ones - Andrea her sister, Carol her daughter, Hershel lost Patty and Otis...but no Rick has to go off the deep end like he's special in his loss. Even Carl who is a little kid is handling his mom's death MUCH better. He even had to shoot her in the head at the last moment and he's still in better mental shape than his father.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I do think the Prison group has the upperhand but only by a slim margin. I think the Gov. has a better arsenol at his disposal due to his practices.

I was disappointed to see Axel die but out of everyone that could have died (of that group) he is the least I'll miss. But they were just starting to delve into this storyline sadly and then WHAM! out like a light (better him than Carol though lol).

Im not certain how that hispanic group made it as long as they did either to be honest, but kudos to Daryl for sticking to his guns against Merle. I'm curious to see if they'll try to redeem his (Merle's) character.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options
    AWESOME episode though, I too was glad that Darryl wouldn't let Merle rob them. Surprised they didn't toss some of the other bodies to distract the walkers.
  • peterdt
    Options
    the governor is overconfident and sloppy. Rick and crew are gonna have this guy for breakfast IF Rick can get his head together. With this threat Rick will get it together to be sure to protect his group and what's left of his family. The Governor is dead.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Fantastic episode last week! Loved it! Loved Daryl standing up to Merle. Maybe is Rick starting to come off of his crazy train?! Especially after the Walkerbomb and now that war has come to the prison.

I was sad about Axel too. But he was expendable. How far away could Tyreese and company could have gotten? I wonder if Rick will now allow them to join up with the group. And who was the driver of the Walkerbomb truck? We never did see.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    If anything this episode should wake up the prison folks about how easy it is to invade their space. If they're staying put in the prison, they need to defend the perimeter and fence a lot better. Maybe they could reinforce the fencing. I think most modern prisons these days have some kind of industrial shop that they could use.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Daryl to the rescue like always! I'm curious to see how Merle's return is going to go with the prison.

I'm hoping Tyreese and his group somehow come back. They need people.....The governor is BAD.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    That's scene with Merle and Daryl in the forest was short but said so much. About their abusive childhoods, the resentment Daryl has towards Merle. Even Merle's love for Daryl. I don't know why that scene is just stuck in my head.
    Also anyone else find the music impossibly sad? Every time I hear what I call 'lori's theme' I start tearring up again.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I think the prison has the upper hand now. The Governor's attack was sneaky and came as a total surprise. But he didn't wait to kill all the Prison group off. He assumed the walkers would do it and little does he know when they cleared the prison, they killed off way more walkers. What he did was unite a splintered group against a common enemy (i.e. Woodbury) so that's bad news for him. Also, there's now Daryl, Michonne, Merle, Rick (if he's still not in Crazytown), Maggie, and Glenn...all seasoned fighters whereas Woodbury seems to have people who can man guard posts, but we haven't seen them show the kind of skills the prison group has.

I liked Axel. He was funny. I couldn't believe how the prison group only managed to get one of the Woodbury team killed. They fired so many shots and only killed one man who was in the guard tower. How did he get there anyway? Ugh. That was annoying. They're usually such good shots and they came across as newbies learning to handle a gun for the first time.

I totally agree with your post. I think the prison has the upper hand, and when I saw the truck part, I said, "Truck full of walkers? Big deal. They already cleared out a huge part of the prison." We also wondered how the guy got up in the guard tower.

I think they also killed the guy in the car who was behind the Governor.

I'm also waiting for Andrea to have to make a decision. Stupid idiot still sticks by the Governor even though he had all those human and zombie heads and kept his zombie daughter. (At least she's not sleeping with him anymore, or is she? Or has there not been enough time to sneak that in there?) I think maybe she's sticking around for the other people at Woodbury, but she seems to have very little care anymore for Michonne or the group at the prison (she has to know that they didn't leave her behind on purpose). Maybe she likes being needed/being sort of a leader. However, when she finds out for sure that the Governor attacked the prison (which I'm pretty sure she knows), my guess is that she'll be forced to choose. What I wouldn't give to see her redeem herself by greeting the Governor with open arms when he returns and then pulling a gun on him in private.

Also, I was not a big Michonne fan because I found her "I can do it on my own" attitude annoying, but she really kicks *kitten* with the katana. I remember saying during this episode that I like that she's really shown the group how awesome she is and that she will stand up for others when it comes down to it. I hope her character sticks around.

Poor Axel. I was just starting to like him, too.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    How did the Gov snipe Axel with his missing eye?
    LOL

It was a good episode though.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options

I'm also waiting for Andrea to have to make a decision. Stupid idiot still sticks by the Governor even though he had all those human and zombie heads and kept his zombie daughter. (At least she's not sleeping with him anymore, or is she? Or has there not been enough time to sneak that in there?) I think maybe she's sticking around for the other people at Woodbury, but she seems to have very little care anymore for Michonne or the group at the prison (she has to know that they didn't leave her behind on purpose). Maybe she likes being needed/being sort of a leader. However, when she finds out for sure that the Governor attacked the prison (which I'm pretty sure she knows), my guess is that she'll be forced to choose. What I wouldn't give to see her redeem herself by greeting the Governor with open arms when he returns and then pulling a gun on him in private.

Also, I was not a big Michonne fan because I found her "I can do it on my own" attitude annoying, but she really kicks *kitten* with the katana. I remember saying during this episode that I like that she's really shown the group how awesome she is and that she will stand up for others when it comes down to it. I hope her character sticks around.

Poor Axel. I was just starting to like him, too.

Andrea is becoming the new Lori. :laugh:
    She must have remembered how everyone was up in arms when Hershel had walkers in his barn including Sophie and those walkers were all killed by Rick and his group. But she's ok with the Governor keeping his zombie daughter locked up? I think the Governor is manipulating her. He might turn on her as he seems to have done on Merle. After all she too has ties to the prison group.

I couldn't believe she ditched Michonne who kept her safe for months in the winter for a group she just new for days. But then again Michonne is so infuriatingly tight lipped she didn't say all that she could have to Andrea when she decided they should leave the compound.

The show needs more likable funny people like Axel.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think the prison and Woodbury are on pretty even grounds right now. Woodbury definitely has the advantage in number of fighters/weapons/supplies, etc. But Rick's group has the advantage of being good fighters and knowing what it's like to have to survive in the "real world" full of walkers. Both have the element of crazy. Rick is obviously losing it. The Governor is clearly unstable. I think the deciding point of who gets the upper hand is ultimately going to be Andrea. She has the ability to give a huge advantage to whatever group she decides has her loyalty. I'm hoping once she sees her old group again that will make her pull her head out of her *kitten*.....but she doesn't have a good track record so far this season.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Ill-disciplined fire control. They were firing wildly in bursts. That's how they only killed one. A proper trained rifleman would have taken his time and made sure of 1 shot, 1 hit. That's why all military weapons (except for basically AK47's and its clones) go "Safe"-"Single shot"-"Full auto".
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I think the deciding point of who gets the upper hand is ultimately going to be Andrea. She has the ability to give a huge advantage to whatever group she decides has her loyalty. I'm hoping once she sees her old group again that will make her pull her head out of her *kitten*.....but she doesn't have a good track record so far this season.

Maybe if she starts getting it on with Daryl (noooooooooooo!) she will stick with the group again. Though I do love the Carol/Daryl tension.

What do you all think about the new prison group? It's almost like a reverse of the situation Rick's group encountered when they first arrived at Hershel's farm. Hershel didn't want them there, but Rick thought they should stay and convinced Hershel of how the two groups could help each other out. Now Rick wants to keep out the new people at the prison, while Hershel wants to consider allowing them in.

Personally, I like them except for the teenager (only because I don't know him, so he could be totally fine) and the guy who wanted to take over in Rick's absence. The other two seem like good people.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

What do you all think about the new prison group? It's almost like a reverse of the situation Rick's group encountered when they first arrived at Hershel's farm. Hershel didn't want them there, but Rick thought they should stay and convinced Hershel of how the two groups could help each other out. Now Rick wants to keep out the new people at the prison, while Hershel wants to consider allowing them in.

Personally, I like them except for the teenager (only because I don't know him, so he could be totally fine) and the guy who wanted to take over in Rick's absence. The other two seem like good people.

I'm surprised they didn't even mention the new people in this episode. They never definitively showed where they went when they were rushed out during Rick's Lori Ghost Freakout. They may have completely left the prison and will never be a part of the story again. They could have just put them in a different part of the prison until Rick cooled off. I'll be curious to see if they make an appearance again.