"Weighing" My Options...

Options
juliemouse83
juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
Thanks to a thread I read on MFP, I found my way to the StrongLifts web site and am seriously interested in lifting with this program, and happened to find this group.

I have about 30 pounds to lose, and I have read so much about lifting for women being really good for us.

I have a space at the house that is in the process of being converted from a photo studio to a workout space (backdrops have been replaced by a stationary bike, and lights with an elliptical), and I have been window shopping for weights, stand, bench, etc, but have no earthly idea what I am doing. My only lifting friend is my eldest son, who lives 3/4 of the way across the country, so I am learning on my own.

I am assuming I want to read/watch as much as I can, which is why I joined this group, and will probably lurk about for a while until I get the hang ot things so that I can post relatively intelligent comments and questions. :wink:

In the meantime, I'm working the 30DS and C25K as my two primary "kick my *kitten* into some kind of shape" workouts.

I'm glad you all are here, and I am REALLY excited about learning about lifting beyond the girlie weights I have in the basket at the house. :smile:

Replies