exercise with 1 yr old

Options
abecker84
abecker84 Posts: 22 Member
hi ladies, do you find it hard to exercise with your Lo's? when do you have time i try and exercise once she is in bed about 7.30pm but by the time comes around i'm exhausted from work and household duties any tips? and what exercise is everyone doing :)

Replies

• kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes it is very hard trying to find the time for exercise with young children. I have a 2 1/2 yr old & 3 1/2 month old. I have your dilemma too. I work full time & once kids are in bed i am too tired or have other things to tend to. So I have found the best way is to just do it first thing in the morning. For me that means waking up around 4:00a.m. Yes it sucks getting up that early but I make sure I am in bed by 9:00p.m. It is the only way. Occasionally though if I want to sleep until 5:00a.m. I will go to gym on my lunch break, but I prefer to get it out of way in the morning.

I am doing the elliptical, zumba, & strength training (cardio 3 x week & strength 2 x).
  • kristiekohn
    Options
    Walking is always a good one because you can take your little one with, but if your winters are anything like mine, you aren't wanting to go outside all that much right now! I find it helpful to do little bursts of activity throughout the day when I can. 10 or 15 minutes here and there. I'm not sure what kind of work you do, but if you are at a desk, there are exercises you can do while sitting to tone muscles; you can walk on your breaks; take the stairs instead of the elevator, that kind of thing. Just try to stay as active as you can throughout the day.