Day 1 _ why are you doing the 50 day binge free challenge?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Welcome anyone just starting! I'm on day 21, I can't believe it! You can do it! Make new habits, learn a few things about why you binge in the process, I have been! Do anything for 50 days and it's gotta be the regular behavior, new habits, right?!?
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am starting this today. I know its later than everyone else but i'm still gonna try for 50 days as of today.

I have always had a problem with bingeing but in the past have got to a certain stage and then stopped myself and lost weight. This time it has gone on so long and i'm the heaviest i've ever been.

I always binge at work because my job is so boring. I do nothing all day. I don't get a lunch hour and my office is so small I can't even walk around it to get any exercise. I hate my job so much I have even started bingeing when I am at home too. I have told myself enough is enough almost every day for the last 2 months but nothng has changed.

I have just given up smoking (6 weeks smoke free) for the first time in about 20 years so I don't understand how I can do that but not stop bingeing. Today is a new day and I am trying again. I hope to comment every day on here on each day that you have already started. Reading all of your comments will spur me on.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi, I am joining in!
    I am a binge eater and have been since my teenage years when things were going wrong all over the place and I would eat and eat and eat to feel better. i have always used food as an emotional crutch and today I cry "no more".
    I am a SAHM and I eat when i am bored, or stressed (and that happens a LOT with 3 boys!)

I want to get myself into a place where I only eat for enjoyment or to fuel myself. And lets be honest, when we binge, it is not usually an enjoyable experience once you are past the first taste.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined in

Why am I doing the 50 day binge challenge?

I have struggled with binge eating since age 9 years old. I often find I use food as a crutch to avoid sharing my feelings inwardly. A lot is emotional. I am taking a class online called In His Image to help me with this and through this.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 1. I'm doing this challenge because I want to prove to myself that I can defeat my own mind! Every night I struggle with food. I can eat so well and exercise during the day, but after dinner I can completely throw it away by pigging out on whatever I can find... Half the time I'm not even hungry, I just feel like I HAVE to eat. I'm joining this group to learn how to cope and to "train" myself to know the difference between feelings and hunger.