Surgery Day is 3/18/13

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
Had my pre-op at the surgeon today. Took the first available date of Tues 3/18. Pre-Op liquids to start on 3/11. Need one more round of blood tests and a final form from my PTP. Seems like I have been waiting and preparing forever!! I will be in the hospital for 2 nights, coming home on 3/21 which is my hubbys birthday!! I plan to be out of work for 3 weeks including the surgery days so will go back to work on 4/8 as long as no complications that prevent that. I have a ton of sick days so might a well use them.

Here we go.................:love:

Replies

• mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Excited for you! You'll do great!!!
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That is great! I wish you well. Deciding to have the VGS was the best thing I have done for myself in a long long time. I had 2 weeks on liquids pre-op and it wasn't too bad.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    my doc said sometimes he requires 2 wks of liquid pre-op. If you have done enough on your own to shrink down your liver he is fine with one with one week. When he felt mine today he said....yup, you get 7 days! I really have been working my butt off to get off the bad stuff. guess it helped!
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am almost to the one year mark, and so excited I did this!
  • Cheekybookworm
    Options
    Congratulations! Sending lots of good thoughts your direction. I'm nearly four months out and thrilled with the surgery. :)
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck! sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself! make sure and sip you fluids all day! :smile: