ways to increase steps

Options
2»

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Walk to the grocery store for milk & bread, explore your town / city etc.
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    I get in 800 to 900 steps while combing my hair and brushing my teeth, and hundreds more in the shower -- FB in ziploc bag attached to leg with a hair band.
    Ticketed by this! And very much inspired by your dedication. Appreciate all the tips here!
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BTW, husband and I did walk to market today. It was 90 something. And didn't feel like getting out until 6pm. Quite nice by then and logged over 10,000 form that trip,
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Weekends are going to be hard for me. I can walk around my floor in the building where I work. Get about 250 steps per lap. So I'll get up and walk several times a day, 2 songs apiece with various speeds, if I can't get down to the gym in the building. If I don't make it at work, I have to walk at home. Earlier this spring, when it was cool, that wasn't an issue. I'd walk around my neighborhood. But it's getting too hot. I nearly overheated yesterday after 38 minutes out there. And my house is pretty small for walking inside. I've done it, but I can't get 10k in there. I was 7900 after that 38-minute walk. I watched the new The Last Ship and walked in a limited circuit at home during commercials. I got my 10k. Oh, and our A/C isn't working at home. I do hope that is fixed by Friday. I'm going to get all my steps in here at work until the A/C is fixed.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I walk in place while watching tv. I can get vary my step (side to side, squatting, pumping my arms, etc) for increased calore burn. I have a hard time sitting still and watching tv. I'm usually browsing Pinterest or playing Sudoku, which means I'm not paying complete attention to the show. Walking in place allows me to focus without feeling restless, and I get a lot of steps in.