Happy Lent

dutchboy1
dutchboy1 Posts: 10 Member
I wish all our members (4) a happy lent. Stay strong with your lenten promises and may God continue to shower you with His blessings.

Replies

• cgolias120
    cgolias120 Posts: 8 Member
    What do you abstain from during Lent when you are already a vegetarian to begin with? That kind of loses the possibility of abstaining from meat, since I already do it as a way of life.

How do I get a dispensation from fasting? Unfortunately, if I fast, I will lose too much weight, and I don't have a lot of weight i can afford to lose. I already am 138; for me this what I want to be. Also, I'm on medications that require food to digest. Otherwise, I will end up with an upset stomach all day, feeling like I want to throw up.

The other questions i have have to do with Advent and Christmas. Besides the Advent wreath, what kind of decorations should i be using? Christmas trees and all the Santa stuff just seems unreligious to me, so I choose not to use it. They don't reflect my belief in Jesus as Lord. Also, does Christmas actually run 12 days, according to the Catholic Church? When do the Christmas Carols start and end? Radio stations are playing them now, but i find it too early. When i want to hear Christmas carols, the radio stations are back to regular music, so I just don't listen to radios.