LOVE...a many splendered thing...2/14/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I have been learning a lot lately about what real love is...a radio program, a devotion I read and a humorous pastor at church gave a talk on it and thinking on how I treat my friends family and coworkers.

So, my challenge to you and us all...is to love the hard to love folks, those that act like they don't need it, and love those who have never had it. Hard right? YES!!!!!! But love sustains us...it is priceless! Look how babies (who grow up to be adults) who don't have love do not really thrive.
Oh when I say love I DON"T mean sex or that oooey gooey feeling. I mean being patient when you want to go off, kind when frustrated, putting up with issues when you want to give up, thinking and hoping for the best when you are pessimestic, not bitter and hold a grudge till the end of time, keep a count of how many times a person screws up, does not lie, and love does not think it is the BIG BOSS! So if you notice love is an action word...so when you are kind...you are being a loving person.
We will not be experts over night but we can desire to be better and choose to change bit by bit everyday....just like weight loss.

I love you all! Big hugs!

Peace,
Tanya aka Wonder Woman!

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    How true! Okay, I will obey. I will be LOVE when I feel hate, anger, frustration, impatient... I can do this because He who live in me is greater than he who lives in the world.

Rock it MFP friends!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I show my love with chocolate chip cookies. :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I will do my best :love:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Today is a Bah Humbug day for me, I will admit I do not like Valentine's Day, it is a reminder to me that I am not of value in the sense the day is given.
    Will I continue to be the person that I am, you bet, because I am the one that when I lose my patience, I do not take it out on the cause, I keep trying to find the cure. I'm the shoulder that gets cried on because someone's love gave up on them but will never have that love of my own and will always wonder why I was given the heart for it but never given it. I am the one that when the chips are down finds the will to fight and help you fight instead of giving up then I will go home and cry from the pain. I am the one that will be hurting to the point I can barely move and will keep going because you are counting on me. I'll be the one that will be in the audience cheering you on because I know it means something to you, even though when I was on stage there was no one there cheering me on. I'll be in the background while you stay in the spotlight, but you'll never know that I wonder, when is it my turn? Why do I do this, because this is how I love. Who am I, I am the one that you never noticed, because I am there, and I am okay with that.

Never forget there are people like me out there and we always will be the unsung, but this is how we love, because this is what we know is right
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    ...it is a reminder to me that I am not of value in the sense the day is given.
    I'm the shoulder that gets cried on because someone's love gave up on them but will never have that love of my own and will always wonder why I was given the heart for it but never given it.

Well, my friend I would first not say NEVER! Don't say or think in your head you "will never have that love of my own". We humans show and become what we think....YOU will be loved and you are loved! Yes, there some unsung heros but you missed the key word! HERO! That will not be forgotten! Change how you think of self! YOU are valuable and LOVED!!!!!! IF no one else we love you here!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    ...it is a reminder to me that I am not of value in the sense the day is given.
    I'm the shoulder that gets cried on because someone's love gave up on them but will never have that love of my own and will always wonder why I was given the heart for it but never given it.

Well, my friend I would first not say NEVER! Don't say or think in your head you "will never have that love of my own". We humans show and become what we think....YOU will be loved and you are loved! Yes, there some unsung heros but you missed the key word! HERO! That will not be forgotten! Change how you think of self! YOU are valuable and LOVED!!!!!! IF no one else we love you here!
    I know that you guys here are my greatest source of love right now and I love you all for it.... today is one of those that leaves me asking What about me, when is it my turn? I will get beyond it and just like with all the walls I hit with my weight loss I keep going and I keep going with trying to find someone for me (since eharmony is free from today thru Sunday, I've already gone on and checked my matches and sent my first messages, just in case...)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The Lord has really been convicting me about this lately to be honest. Our sermon this past Sunday was over 1 Corinthians 13. I like to think of myself as a fairly loving and accepting person, but there are just certain people in my life lately who I'm having a really hard time being patient and forgiving with. I think I really needed this challenge to remind me that we are not called to like everyone, but we are called to love them. It's a daily struggle with some people, but I know I can do it.

I saw this the other day and it really hit me hard. I think it's something that we all need to be reminded of every once in a while...
    a2c90507d0fbc83be89d2d08d01a9d57.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    The Lord has really been convicting me about this lately to be honest.

I saw this the other day and it really hit me hard. I think it's something that we all need to be reminded of every once in a while...
    a2c90507d0fbc83be89d2d08d01a9d57.jpg

GIIIIIIIIIIRL you ain't the only one! Hey if we are to be honest I think God was showing me I AM NOT VERY loving like I like to think I am! I can be down right rude! Awful and I feel awful and just inhuman!
    I really love that saying because it is so true!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION.

I failed every test yesterday to be patient, kind, gentle... I was UGLY! I was the unlovable. It was everyone else who had to be patient, kind, gentle... with me. My children were the loving ones. The worse part is that I lost it on issues that were non-issues. It spilled over into today too!

I am humbled.

I praise the Lord for all who were gentle, kind, patient... I praise the Lord for you! Thank you for the wisdom you shared here.