Anybody else hate the scale?

Options
lorik33t
lorik33t Posts: 32 Member
Just wondering. Mine has been super mean the past few weeks. I am stuck around 119. :cry:

Replies

• I don't check the scale as often as I used to.

Just focus on eating clean, drinking lots of water, exercising and forget the scale for a while. Trust me. You'll stall more if you're demotivated.
  • lorik33t
    Options
    I'm really trying to focus on how I feel when I excercise. Which is so much better than when I don't. I slept so good last night after 45 minutes on the elliptical. We're working on clean eating but it's more difficult than I thought. I love bagels but the third ingredient is HFCS. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! So now I need to start making my own. But I don't know if I have time. I'm wondering if I need to pick my battles.
  • It's tough to cut back on things you eat pretty much allllllll the time. I recently rediscovered my long lost love "cherry Coca Cola." Now I need to cut back all over again!
  • lorik33t
    Options
    I know how you feel about needing to cut back. I really want to start reducing the amount of wheat I eat but it difficult when DH loves pasta (and I'm 1/4 Italian) and the stuff made with alternative flours, rice, quinoa, etc. is SUPER expensive. And that doesn't even start in on my bagel addiction. Good luck with the Cherry Coke! You can do it!
  • RevengeoftheEndorphins
    Options
    Heh.

Thanks!
  • lorik33t
    Options
    How's the cutting back on "cherry coca cola" going?
  • RevengeoftheEndorphins
    Options
    Ermm...welllllllllll
    It's going ok. But I think about it a lot.
    Haha. That sounds so weird.
    How are things for you?
  • lorik33t
    Options
    Thinking about it a lot doesn't sound weird at all. I've been really good about excercising and working on the 1/2 marathon training. Working out 2-4 times a week, Zumba on Mondays plus at least 2 runs, sometimes 3. But the scale is up to 122.8 as of this morning. I cried yesterday when I couldn't get my pants on. I don't know what my body is doing but I think it hates me. We started washing clothes in hot water so I'm hoping that's why they were rough to get on. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
  • RevengeoftheEndorphins
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. If you keep going then eventually you'll reach your goal.
  • lorik33t
    Options
    Thanks Revenge! I am back from vacation and my husband and I are doing Bon Apetit's Food Lovers cleanse since vacation was terrible for watching what we ate. We could definitely tell a difference in how we felt since we weren't eating like we normally do. Then I got sick as we were leaving on Saturday and am still fighting the cold. I'm hoping that the diminished appetite I have and everything tasting funny will work to my advantage on the scale. :happy: I am just ready to be 100% again. I didn't go to Zumba on Monday and went to bed at 7:00 PM yesterday. It was glorious. Hoping to do almost the same tonight.

I have also noticed that the amount of weight I want to lose is pretty much what most places/people consider "water weight". Which is going to make it a bit more complicated than it is for my husband. But I'm hoping to add some muscle to replace some fat. Here's hoping.