Barre class today - highly recommend

Options
Hi! I'm going to my Barre class today and, for those of you that haven't tried it, I highly recommend finding one near you! There are so many versions - Pure Barre, The Barre Method, Ballet Bootie Barre, Burn at the Barre - you get the idea. Anyhow, after three weeks of Barre classes and weight training I have lost 1/2 an inch in my waist and about 1/4 inch in my hips. My posture is better and I just feel tighter all over.

If you don't know what a Barre class is - it's a mixture of ballet moves, pilates, strength training, and maybe a little yoga thrown in. In a one hour class I burn about 450 calories according to my HRM.

Anyhow - I know I sound like a commercial but I've seen such great results I wanted to share :)

Replies

• lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the share! I remember hearing a lot about this especially after Black Swan came out ;) It's always great to hear about these classes from real people.
    If you don't mind me asking - have you dance before or done pilates before? Do you need to be in shape already for a class like this?
    Thanks so much!!
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the share! I remember hearing a lot about this especially after Black Swan came out ;) It's always great to hear about these classes from real people.
    If you don't mind me asking - have you dance before or done pilates before? Do you need to be in shape already for a class like this?
    Thanks so much!!

I've done pilates but not for years and years. And I've never done dance - it's quite possible that I'm the most uncoordinated person in the world. The instructors that I've had for the classes (I've done The Bar Method and Burn at the Barre) have had different variations of each move for beginner to advanced so you don't need to be in great shape to start. Just willing to have your arms and legs shake and burn like they never have before :)