an interesting experiment

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
I've been doing SL for about five weeks. Before that I mostly did Zumba. For one of my classes, we would use weights for a few songs. I always used the biggest dumb bells they had - about five lbs. Sometimes it was a struggle if a song was long or something. So last night my daughter and I were at Target and they had a display of dumb bells. Just messing around, we tried picking up various ones to see how heavy we could pick up. (My daughter is six, so of course this was the most fun she ever had). Their dumb bells ranged from 2 lbs to 25 lbs. I was able to pick up the 25 lbs. and curl it with no issues. Just out of curiosity, I picked up a 5 lbs weight - it felt like I was holding nothing! It's amazing to think how much stronger we are now than we used to be!

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SL for about five weeks. Before that I mostly did Zumba. For one of my classes, we would use weights for a few songs. I always used the biggest dumb bells they had - about five lbs. Sometimes it was a struggle if a song was long or something. So last night my daughter and I were at Target and they had a display of dumb bells. Just messing around, we tried picking up various ones to see how heavy we could pick up. (My daughter is six, so of course this was the most fun she ever had). Their dumb bells ranged from 2 lbs to 25 lbs. I was able to pick up the 25 lbs. and curl it with no issues. Just out of curiosity, I picked up a 5 lbs weight - it felt like I was holding nothing! It's amazing to think how much stronger we are now than we used to be!

^^^THIS^^^ is the kind of post that motivates the you-know-what out of me. I cannot WAIT to get started. I have to find a rack this weekend but the weights will be at the house tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I had a moment like this too!

I was fussing a bit on my bench press because I was stuck at 55-65lbs for quite a while. But then I realized... 7 years ago (When I was 17), I was doing bench press with two 15lbs-dumbbells and I thought I was so strong lol. Now I'm doing almost double of that!