Soooo....

Options
MrsCarter00
MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
Ladies who have recently had natural births that have done or are doing the 30 day shread -

I have done/do kegels BUT I guess I still don't have great control down there...when doing jumping jacks and the jump rope I trickle on myself! No matter if I have just emptied my bladder!

Has anyone had or have the same problem? and if so, does it get better?

Kind of embarrassing but we can talk about anything here, right?!? :wink: :tongue:

Replies

• mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. Well for most of us. Lol I would start my workouts w jumping jacks & I always had to wear a pad when I work out. Basically w any workout now. I just feel more comfortable.
    Keep doing the kegels. It should get better & ur muscles will get stronger. But the peeing urself when jumping sneezing laughing too hard part of the new changes after birth. Enjoy lol
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It happens just no one talks about it. I haven't had the problem with jumping jacks, but the laughing, sneezing and coughing has caused it. I haven't thought much about it anymore since it has happened for 9 years, but for me it has never gone away, but as the time passed and delivery became a distant memory it did happen infrequently. Although if I ever got sick with a hacking cough or with bronchitis I would wear a pad during that whole time just in case.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It still happens when I sneeze really hard! LOL
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yah, doesn't happen to me when I workout, but DEF happens at times when I sneeze, laugh, or even sleep:/ Oh, the things they don't warn you about!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It was a bit of an issue for me in the beginning (mostly if I tried to hold my pee too long) and doing kegels helped quite a bit. The other night I woke up because I suddenly felt wet, and sure enough, I'd peed a tiny bit in my sleep! Again, probably because I should have gotten up earlier, but decided I could hold it til morning. It reminded me I need to continue doing my kegels!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It happened to me at first but I kept doing kegels and now it only happens when I sneeze. It gets better - don't worry. Just wear a pad and keep doing those kegels.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!! It happens to me when I sneeze, laugh, or cough too but just a tiny bit! It's like only with those two exercises that I feel like I have almost no control lol
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!! It happens to me when I sneeze, laugh, or cough too but just a tiny bit! It's like only with those two exercises that I feel like I have almost no control lol

Same problem here! Damn jumping jacks! Embarassing and annoying- gotta remember those kegels. :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yup unfortunately it happens. squats and lunges really help too. I have never done kegals, but I have done a crap load of lower body exercise and was able to completely get out of the tinkling stage. lol. Just wear a pad while exercising until your muscles firm up a bit. its normal! don't be embarrassed
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Becky, so true!!!

Corina - thanks for the tip! that's awesome, I hope to get these muscles stronger asap! LOL
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually had physical therapy for it after my daughter's birth - it was really bad, but eventually got better.
    I am 3 mo PP with my son and I still wear a panty liner most days. It's not usually an issue and I feel like I healed a lot quicker this time around.
    I've had two natural, vaginal births. I pushed for 1 1/2 hours with my daughter and 8 minutes with my son. Wonder if that is what made the difference.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've had two natural, vaginal births. I pushed for 1 1/2 hours with my daughter and 8 minutes with my son. Wonder if that is what made the difference.

I would be interested to know if length of labor/pushing phase affects this. Or c-sections vs. vaginal births.

Or if peeing your pants is just a randomly assigned postpartum treat?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I would be interested to know if length of labor/pushing phase affects this. Or c-sections vs. vaginal births.

I had a c-section, but I've not had any bladder incontinence. I think this might be more of an issue with vaginal deliveries. I did, however, pee myself a LOT during my third trimester.
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Well I had a friend who had a c-section with her first and no issues. She had a succesful VBAC with her second and her daugther will be 1 next month and she said she still has issues. She did push with her first but he got stuck so she ended up with the c-section. I think time of pushing definitely has something to do with it - of course that's only based on my personal experience.