Week 5 Progress

Options
****IMPORTANT PLEASE READ****

TO BE QUALIFIED TO WIN WALMART E-GIFT CARD, YOU MUST POST AT LEAST TWICE UNDER WEEK 4 PROGRESS, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Hey guys,

Here is the new thread to check on everyone's progress for Week 5. You are welcome to post workouts you are doing, diet plan, how you're feeling, etc. We are here to support each other, so please share your thoughts :)

Replies

• NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Plateau or not, I am still working out. This week I started Week 3 of JM's Ripped In 30. Saturday evening was Day1 and while I sucked at it (I didn't watch it ahead of time like I should have), today was day 2 and I did better. I am hoping that with tomorrow off from work, I'll get another "solid" workout day and see if I can't bust through this stupid lack of weight loss thing going on.

See you all soon!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Week is not off to a good start. No exercise yet. I am just gonna have to kick myself out of bed and workout in the morning. I am not a morning person but I cant continue all these days without any workouts and I just run out of time in the evening to get one in.... UGH!!

I'm sick of the yo-yo I've been on the last few weeks/months.

Setting my alarm for 6:30am, gives me an hour to exercise before I need to start getting ready for work. Gotta do it. Don't wanna, but I can't see getting exercise in any other way right now.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had a tiring day at work yesterday and the only "workout" I had was taking supplies out of boxes! Also, I ate 2 Panera Bread bagels. But, today is a new day! I plan to workout and eat well throughout the entire day.

I know it's hard for everyone; but, please don't let a setback from one day set you back the entire week. We still have many days ahead of us to make it right!

Make it a great one! I know I will!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Okie you are so right! Thanks for the encouragment.

I started today right with a protein shake for breakfast. Gonna get started on my water. I have a 20zoz glass at my desk and my goal is to drink at least 4 of them during my work day.
    I would really like to get to the point that I am drinking one full glass every hour because I know my body needs it.

Lets kick some butt today!!!
  • red128
    red128 Posts: 27
    Options
    It's been a stressful day! It seems like I lose control when I get stressed and start eating everything and anything in sight. I know its ridiculous, but I think I really need to learn how to deal with stress at work. After I can exercise, but at work, I'm stuck in the middle of the stress.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    Red128....so true, so true

In my younger years the stress / deadlines / corporate expectations which are unattainable - would get to me. I would frequently have to go to the bathroom to straighten myself out. That may mean positive self talk or just having a good cry. Now, I approach things differently since I want to better my overall health. I still have my "bathroom time". But now I may do 50 calf raises, shadow boxing for a minute or even some quick squats. So, when I leave the bathroom I have a healthy flush to my skin AND I feel confident that I did SOMETHING to move MY goals ahead!

Keep pushing through! You can do it!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Okie, I LOVE how you've turned stressful moments into something positive!! Hehehe I can totally imagine someone coming into the bathroom to see you shadow boxing!

Thanks for the insight!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    Okie, I LOVE how you've turned stressful moments into something positive!! Hehehe I can totally imagine someone coming into the bathroom to see you shadow boxing!

Thanks for the insight!

I guess that would be funny :-)) I haven't got caught yet!!!!
  • red128
    red128 Posts: 27
    Options
    Okie, Thanks these are great ideas and I'm going to try it tomorrow!!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight since the new year started. Ok fine.. 2 lbs in 2 months, but that's hardly considered a loss when I was losing between 8-10 lbs a month from Aug through Dec :(...
    Anyway, I am trying to find my magic numbers. How many calories to eat. Whether it be more cals (EM2WL) or less calories because I'm overdoing it, etc. So I really don't see any weight loss until sometime in late March, if then. I am just trying to stay in a good frame of mind, positive thinking along with working out and eating healthier.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Nareena, I"m struggling with something similar. I've been gaining and losing the same 5-7lbs for months and cant seem to keep things going in the right direction.

I'm considering dropping my calories for a while to push the scale down and then after about a month bring it back up.

I just cant WAIT for spring as I know I will be moving my body more once I can get outside! Can't for the life of me figure out why we want to move 200 miles north of here when we already HATE winter! LOL