Yay!! I 'm in

Options
ok, so I am not such a dummy..LOL I figured it out, found your link and here I am. So glad to see another military mama on here. God knows we need eachother! I get so lonely sometimes and without joining the forces (which he so often tells me I should) I just don't understand all of where he's coming from. Oh well, being "married" to one is good enough. Does your man try and talk to into going to the gym with him? Mine does and so help me god, I am not setting foot in that place until I am in decent shape...I would feel like such an idiot...where are you guys posted right now?

Replies

• ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband, bless his heart, is always trying to "help me" work out. Thing is, he is such a PT stud, and I'm just..not. haha! There is no way I would go to the gym with him right now, but I will down the road for sure! We are stationed at Ft. Campbell now, but as always subject to change!
  • blmiller22
    blmiller22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fort Riley, Kansas :) and YES!! exactly he always tells me to go to the gym with him or go running with him! I dont have PT every morning like he does he has to run 2 miles in 15 min.....I can barly do a 1 mile in 9 min!!! I wouldnt be able to keep up with him!!
  • blmiller22
    blmiller22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    At Fort Riley theres a place right off base called Pillbery Crossing its like this place that ppl drive their trucks in middle of this large (not deep) stream and play their music and everyone jumps off this cliff thing into the place where you swim and hes always wanted to go but obviously ive always felt i dont have the figure for that so we never went but ive made it my goal this year that were gonna do it this summer!! :)
  • sroberts713
    Options
    My husband never worked out at an actual gym LOL cuz he worked out at the gym at the Kansas City MEPS where he works and we are permanently stationed. Until i loose another 10lbs or so i dont think i will be stepping foot into a gym anyway!! :)
  • dloyst20
    Options
    Well my guy is at the top of his PT game too...always comes in first or second on their ruck sac marches (don;t think I spelt that right) and their 10k + runs...I mean, hes very "motivating" for me, he is always telling me I'm in better shape than most of the people hes around daily anyway but still...I need to meet my own standard of health before I subject myself to a gym full of people who are use to it everyday.lol. Same with going to the pool...I have a four year old and just can't compete with other women in bathing suits...I can't...kya tore my sh** up...I am truly stretch marked beyond repair and feel like an idiot in a bathing suit. I mean I get it...they are my war wounds, granted, but at 27 years old...I have surpassed the time where I feel good in a bathing suit..hence my grueling diet and work out schedule..this is the year ladies, I am changing up my fitness and diet and will get into shape enough to feel good about what I got instead of what I don't have!