Stupid unrequited love!

Options
I am sure some of you have experienced it!

I am in love/lust/want with an acquaintance of mine but he has shown no signs of returning the feelings. I even thought I had asked him out a few months ago and was happy when he accepted but then it just turned into a friends-hanging-out night. And he continues to be super friendly with me and he just does NOT get it. Lol.

It's kinda silly, actually. I feel like I am in high school all over again.

Ack!

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have gotten friend zoned. It happens to girls as well as guys.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yes Veggie, I know all about unrequited love :sad:

Good job for asking him out. I dont suppose he took it the wrong way, did he? As in, he thought it was just to 'hang out' rather than a date?? Perhaps try again, but with more alcohol involved?? Do you know if he's single?? Or gay?? Or just scared of getting involved with a work colleague??
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely experienced it, and it sucks!! Hope it works out better, maybe what AnnaPixie asked??
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Show him your tatas. :happy:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my life girlfriend!

At least you tried :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah at least you tried. I have this with several guys and even some the asked me out first. Oh well I love having guy friends but it sucks sometimes that they only want friendship. Although I have one that just wants to be friends but he want benefits that go beyond friendship. lol
  • aduecker
    Options
    Some guys are just really dense, or they are not really interested. Tell him you like him more than friends, then hit him in the head with a 2X4. If he's dense it will wake him up. It he's not interested, well at least you'll know.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    ^^I like this idea!! LOL
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

This. Set up another date and put those puppies on display.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

This. Set up another date and put those puppies on display.

HA HA HA I can try this. But I also don't want to chase the guy too much. I mean, I asked him to hang out last time... Shouldn't it be his "turn"? Not that I mind doing the asking, but even in friendships there is always a give and take. I also worry that he DOES know I like him, but has friendzoned me.

Perhaps I will go with the 2X4 idea. KIDDING. lol.

Glad to know you ladies understand. :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I mean, I asked him to hang out last time...

Did you literally say 'hey want to hang out?' if yes, you may need to be more direct and say 'hey I like you, I'd like to go on a date'

I have never had to do this, so my wording is probably off, but I think if you used the terms hang out, that's why you hung out that night.

Good luck!
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    No, that is not what I said to him. That is what I called it here, because that is what it ended up being.

I guess I never used the word "date" when I asked him though. There was a movie we were both interested in seeing, so I asked if he wanted to go. We went for dinner and drinks before... His idea.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    No, that is not what I said to him. That is what I called it here, because that is what it ended up being.

I guess I never used the word "date" when I asked him though. There was a movie we were both interested in seeing, so I asked if he wanted to go. We went for dinner and drinks before... His idea.

I have no personal experience with this, don't have alot of male friends I would want to date.... BUT... I think you need
    to try one more time and call it a DATE.

Let us know how it goes.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

make the first move, be aggressive, he may be shy, or not interested. only one way to find out.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

make the first move, be aggressive, he may be shy, or not interested. only one way to find out.
    Yeah... Without even using the word "date", why not tell him you actually like him more than you like a "normal friend" and that you were wondering if more than just friendship was possible...
    What's wrong with doing that? Either way, you'll know.

Also as a general rule, it's better to act early as you increase the chances that you haven't been friendzoned and there is always the possibility to fall back on friendship if one of the two people involved isn't interested in a relationship (nobody's feelings should be hurt early on, only their "ego", so it should still be possible).
    Ok... To moderate my discourse, in reality "hanging out" with the person can be acceptable... when you are 14 years old and you don't know any better.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    showing your tatas may be an effective way to get his attention. However, if you want to provide an unmistakable sign of interest in more than friends and hanging out, nothing shows interest more than unzipping his pants with your teeth!
  • veggiehottie
    Options

Yeah... Without even using the word "date", why not tell him you actually like him more than you like a "normal friend" and that you were wondering if more than just friendship was possible...
    What's wrong with doing that? Either way, you'll know.

Also as a general rule, it's better to act early as you increase the chances that you haven't been friendzoned and there is always the possibility to fall back on friendship if one of the two people involved isn't interested in a relationship (nobody's feelings should be hurt early on, only their "ego", so it should still be possible).
    Ok... To moderate my discourse, in reality "hanging out" with the person can be acceptable... when you are 14 years old and you don't know any better.

Thanks. Great advice!!

My situation is a little tricky because we became friends while I was in a serious relationship. He flirted with me a few times back then, but I ignored because I was in serious love with the boyfriend.

Broke up with the boyfriend last summer, and recently realized i had feelings for THIS guy... But now I AM in total friendzone because have been there for so long. You are right though, this has probably dragged on too long by now.
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Thanks again, guys for all of the advice. You rock!!!
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    showing your tatas may be an effective way to get his attention. However, if you want to provide an unmistakable sign of interest in more than friends and hanging out, nothing shows interest more than unzipping his pants with your teeth!

While hilarious and likely true...also dangerous. Don't try this one at home, ladies.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Tell him. What's he supposed to do, read your mind? Worst case scenario he says "Sorry, but I don't see you that way" and then you both go on to find someone else.

I do like the part where you take off your shirt. That is an approved course of action.